Hier geht es einfach nur um Adventures!
Antworten
Cohen
Adventure-Treff
Adventure-Treff

Re: Brok the InvestiGator

Beitrag von Cohen »

@Cowcat: after playing your new game for two hours, I wrote my Steam review:
I'm so glad I backed this game on Kickstarter. I love every aspect of this polished game.
The detailed 2D backgrounds with lots of hotspots, the character design and animations, the character voices, the funny dialogues, the hidden collectibles ("ads" don't show up with the hotspot display), all the artwork which can be unlocked.

The optional fighting is also much fun, the GUI and controller mapping is well thought out. Mouse and touchscreen also work fine for the point&click sequences.

The game is also just perfect for the Steam Deck! Rockstable 60 fps / with just 7.0 - 7.5 watts, which results in a battery life of 6 - 7 hours... the frametime graph flatlines at 16.667 ms; the text size is big enough.
Not that you needed it... ALL reviews are positive so far, NONE negative... that's rare!

Bild

I hope your game stays in "trending" for a while and soon gets the well deserved "Steam Deck verified" tag.

Akkulaufzeit Steam Deck bei stabilen 60 fps 6 - 7 Stunden:
Bild

Bild

Gute Controller-Belegung (Sticks, Buttons, Digi-Kreuz):
Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

tolles Dialog-Menü:
Bild

Gegenstände in Dialogen zeigen:
Bild

Bild

Karte erspart unnötige Laufwege:
Bild

Bild

Bild

gute (optionale) Hotspotanzeige, viele Hotspots:
Bild

nettes (optionales) Kampfsystem:
Bild

freischaltbare Zeichnungen und Musikstücke durch Einsatz der eingesammelten Punkte:
Bild
Multi-Gamer: PC + PCVR, PS5 + PSVR2, Xbox Series X, Steam Deck OLED, Switch OLED, iPads, WiiU, 3DS, PSVita, ..., N64, PS1, SNES, Amiga, C128, Atari
Loma
Ultimatives Flascherl
Ultimatives Flascherl

Beitrag von Loma »

So, ich hab' das Spiel mal eingekauft.
"Punch & Click" finde ich momentan durchaus irgendwie ansprechend. :)
Ich denke, also spinn' ich.
Ich spinne, also mal' ich.
Ich male, also denk' ich.

"Never leave for the last minute what you can get away with not doing at all." (Pepe the King Prawn)
COWCAT
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von COWCAT »

Thank you everyone!
I admit I thought the game could do decently well but I did not expect that amount of praise and even staying in New & Trending for 3 days! Just...WOW

You can thank Sven, he did a TON of testing for the game ^^
rainworm
Hobby-Archäologe
Hobby-Archäologe

Beitrag von rainworm »

Oh yes, he did !
Aber, das Spiel ist auch wirklich sehr gut!
DavidMcNamara
Logik-Lord
Logik-Lord

Beitrag von DavidMcNamara »

Now 8 hours in (68% progress) - what an excellent game! Immersive story, polished gameplay, and great voice acting =D> Thank you so much to Cowcat Games and all who tested it like Sven and Marco!
Sven
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Beitrag von Sven »

Welcome and also thanks @COWCAT. :D

Und danke und gerne @Rainworm und @DavidMcNamara. :)
Der Erste und Einzige hier im Forum, der die englische Version von Tungi hat.
Der Zweite, der eine von Poki handsignierte englische Version von Edna & Harvey the Breakout hat. Mit gezeichnetem Harvey auf der Rückseite!
LittleRose
Riesiger Roboteraffe
Riesiger Roboteraffe

Beitrag von LittleRose »

COWCAT hat geschrieben: 29.08.2022, 13:52 Thank you everyone!
I admit I thought the game could do decently well but I did not expect that amount of praise and even staying in New & Trending for 3 days! Just...WOW

I've just read an article about those false curators. Well done, COWCAT. =D> You deserve to get paid for your work, just like everybody else. Therefore, I'm going to buy your game right now, and you'll get money for it. I was going to wait until I actually get to play it, but I might as well do it now.

https://mein-mmo.de/indie-entwickler-deckt-betrug-auf/
"She's doing the baby equivalent of adventurers using everything in your inventory." (Aus dem Textadventure Child's Play von Stephen Granade)

"A book is a device to ignite imagination" (Aus der Satire "The Uncommon Reader" von Alan Bennett)
Cohen
Adventure-Treff
Adventure-Treff

Beitrag von Cohen »

LittleRose hat geschrieben: 01.09.2022, 15:42 I've just read an article about those false curators. Well done, COWCAT. =D> You deserve to get paid for your work, just like everybody else. Therefore, I'm going to buy your game right now, and you'll get money for it. I was going to wait until I actually get to play it, but I might as well do it now.

Fantastic investiGation of dubious Steam curators!
Multi-Gamer: PC + PCVR, PS5 + PSVR2, Xbox Series X, Steam Deck OLED, Switch OLED, iPads, WiiU, 3DS, PSVita, ..., N64, PS1, SNES, Amiga, C128, Atari
Loma
Ultimatives Flascherl
Ultimatives Flascherl

Beitrag von Loma »

I followed this a bit via twitter and it's nice that it ends at least with a small victory! Congrats!

As I don't use Steam (I bought the game on GOG), I probably don't understand this curator system, but to me it seems that everyone can say "Hey, I'm a curator, Provide me with a free key", and then just copy/paste a simple review without any real value...
I hope, I'm mistaken, otherwise this really seems to be a bit sick.

Be that as it may, currently I'm highly enjoying the game. Somehow it's a relief to have a fighting alternative, when the brain doesn't work for solving the puzzles. ;)
The first time I got stuck, was in prison (how appropriate), because it took me a while to notice these panels on the floor.
Ich denke, also spinn' ich.
Ich spinne, also mal' ich.
Ich male, also denk' ich.

"Never leave for the last minute what you can get away with not doing at all." (Pepe the King Prawn)
mudge
Ohr-Meet-O-Loge
Ohr-Meet-O-Loge

Beitrag von mudge »

LittleRose hat geschrieben: 01.09.2022, 15:42
COWCAT hat geschrieben: 29.08.2022, 13:52 Thank you everyone!

I've just read an article about those false curators. Well done, COWCAT. =D> You deserve to get paid for your work, just like everybody else. Therefore, I'm going to buy your game right now, and you'll get money for it. I was going to wait until I actually get to play it, but I might as well do it now.

What?! :shock: :o and WOW! 8) =D> :D

You did the right thing, Fabrice! Hopefully, this will *do* change things on Steam for the better!
I got your game via gog and Kickstarter, and i'm told, i am not even through the released demo-part :lol: #-o :mrgreen:
And i still try to buy my games via gog or itch.io instead of Steam, so i missed that whole "Curator"-thing in my perception.

Both thumbs up for your action there - inforemost, that you help for a fair system there, not only for your game,
but for all and upcoming independent-Devs. Wonderful :!: =D> :D

Ich freue mich sehr darüber, was Fabrice da bei Steam aufgedeckt hat.
Das mag ich gerne weiterhin verfolgen.
Ich hoffe, dass dies ein Anlass ist, das Kuratoren-System auf Steam zu ändern.
So oder so kaufe ich meine Adventures via gog (oder itch.io),
manche werden dort nur leider nicht angeboten. Dann lasse ich den Kauf meistens.

Auch wenn ich da gerade hänge, ist BROK bei mir gerade ein Kandidat für das Adventure des Jahres 2022 :)
Snowblizzard
Profi-Abenteurer
Profi-Abenteurer

Beitrag von Snowblizzard »

Ich könnte einen Tipp gebrauchen. Ich bin aktuell in der Gasse beim Hacker.
RJ bewacht die Tür, nur wie werde ich ihn los? Kampf geht sicher, aber ich möchte das gerne anders lösen. Da gibt es doch sicher einen zweiten Weg, oder?
Sven
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Beitrag von Sven »

Snowblizzard hat geschrieben: 07.09.2022, 23:22 Ich könnte einen Tipp gebrauchen. Ich bin aktuell in der Gasse beim Hacker.
RJ bewacht die Tür, nur wie werde ich ihn los? Kampf geht sicher, aber ich möchte das gerne anders lösen. Da gibt es doch sicher einen zweiten Weg, oder?
Du brauchst 3 Dinge. Die findest du in der Hintergasse so wie dort wo RJ steht.
Hast du schon den Hebel/Gummischneider aus Shays Werkstatt?
Der Erste und Einzige hier im Forum, der die englische Version von Tungi hat.
Der Zweite, der eine von Poki handsignierte englische Version von Edna & Harvey the Breakout hat. Mit gezeichnetem Harvey auf der Rückseite!
Snowblizzard
Profi-Abenteurer
Profi-Abenteurer

Beitrag von Snowblizzard »

Sven hat geschrieben: 07.09.2022, 23:28
Snowblizzard hat geschrieben: 07.09.2022, 23:22 Ich könnte einen Tipp gebrauchen. Ich bin aktuell in der Gasse beim Hacker.
Du brauchst 3 Dinge. Die findest du in der Hintergasse so wie dort wo RJ steht.
Hast du schon den Hebel/Gummischneider aus Shays Werkstatt?
Danke, da war ich zumindest auf der richtigen Spur. Den einen Gegenstand habe total übersehen. Völlig blind quasi. :D
agentbauer
Rätselmeister
Rätselmeister

Beitrag von agentbauer »

Ich spiele es auch aktuell und muss sagen, ist ein lustiger Mix aus beat em up und Point and Click...
Macht Spaß und unterhält. Schade ist nur, dass bei manchen Entscheidungen nicht gewarnt wird, dass sie endgültig sind...man kann nachträglich, ohne zu laden, seine Meinung nicht mehr ändern
mudge
Ohr-Meet-O-Loge
Ohr-Meet-O-Loge

Beitrag von mudge »

Bin jetzt auch, endlich, durch :D

Möglicherweise wichtig: Gog-User wie ich, die ohne Galaxy-Updates dort spielen,
und sich das Spiel sofort heruntergeladen hatten, mögen auf die aktuelle Version (selbst) updaten.
(ich hatte da leider einen Crash, mit der neuen Version, bei Gog: 1.0.11 , funktioniert alles prima!)

Wow!
Hab 3 Enden, eben das kanonische erreicht.
Ein tolles Spiel! =D> :D =D>

Später mal mehr dazu - natürlich mag ich jetzt auch noch andere Wege gehen,
andere Entscheidungen treffen. Hier ist viel Motivation dafür gegeben :)
Antworten