Why Do you people Hate me and my game

Das Mitmach-Projekt aus dem Maniac-Mansion-Universum.
Kruttan
Adventure-Gott
Adventure-Gott
Re: Why Do you people Hate me and my game

Beitrag von Kruttan »

@Mister L: I'll doubt that. I'm not not sure, he'll play the game...

It plays in the Mansion, but it is NOT maniac mansion. And you don't OWN the rights. That's the way I understand him.
I think this is the reason why Rubacant hates all the games of us. He really shows that he hates the games. No one here hates Rubacants games, cause there are none to hate. He's just juging us for the stuff he does...

I don't believe him when he says:
Rubacant hat geschrieben:I have played all thous MMM games and you dont give One cred to Lucas Arts. What a shame.[/qoute]

because lots of games give cred to Lucas Arts. There are many scenes that play tribute to the genius games of the company. And it's the individual work of the authors...

The Tribute it's kind like Monkey Island 2 gave cred to Monkey 1... and thats defenitly not the way, Rubacant thinks of givng cred.
Rubacant hat geschrieben:All the Old Chars you use Like Dave , jeff and so on are all owned by Lucas Arts. I don't care if Lucas Fan games Made them Better.

[...]

Anyway you really should rename Maniac Mansion Mania to Ronvill Mania cuz your game HAVE NOTHING or barely to do with the mansion and the edsions But some Epi do. And some are not even worth 1 sec of my life.
Monkey Island 2 also does not play on Moneky Island. It only uses the same characters and enhanches the Universe. Rubacant surely dislikes this game, too. Otherwise he woold be inconsequent.

Okay, perhaps he would see more similatities in MMB to MM. But he also judged all the other games playing in the mansion... there are not much, but there are a few... and if he had played them, he would not have written the stuff he postet above... on the other hand he acclaims that he had played them...
>>Laverne, wie bist du nach oben gekommen?<<
>>Ich bin oben? Ups.<<
Edison Interactive
Hobby-Archäologe
Hobby-Archäologe

Beitrag von Edison Interactive »

We've just visited your page and saw your screens.
Rubacant hat geschrieben:Its seem that all of you hate me and you just want to Bash and crit me becuse of my game ideas.
First of all, we two do not hate your game, as already said there is nothing to hate ;)

The screens have different quality, "First Floor Backhall" looks fantastic while First Flor Den's right and left walls in our opinion needs to be improved, they just look stretched.

It's an interesting idea to see the other sides of the rooms, this had been in no Lucas Arts Adventure before. It would be wise to lock some passages at the beginnig (that they need to be opened during the game) so that the area is not to big.

Maybe you should set the game in an alternate universe. Lite it had been in the Metor-Trilogy. Or perhaps some of the Kids is telling the Story of "Maniac Mansion" to his grand children and "distends" the story to impress ;)

Rubacant hat geschrieben:Anyway Maniac Mansion Mania Crew Does not OWN Maniac Mansion.
No one OWNs the right, exept Lucas Arts ;)

But if you intend to say with this that all 68 episodes are bad, that would be hard stuff, wouldn't it?

By the way, what do you mean with "give cred to lucas arts" ?
Anyway you really should rename Maniac Mansion Mania to Ronvill Mania cuz your game HAVE NOTHING or barely to do with the mansion and the edsions But some Epi do. And some are not even worth 1 sec of my life.
If there were 68 episodes playing in the mansion it would really be boring. We've created 3 games so far. Episode 10, the first episode seated in the mansion and featuring the mind of Weird Ed. Tehre are games in the mansion, but MMM is about vreating games which are in any way related to MM, in any war. So barely related episodes are accepted too. It's the way the series was intendet to be. So jugding us because we're not doing the thing you first thought about by heraing the name is not really nice. To be seated in the mansion is not the only point that sepreates good games from bad ones.

For example we worked hard on our new Episode. It took 15 months to create it and we tried everything to pay tribute to Lucas Arts. So saying that we don't "give cred to lucas arts" and that this is a "shame" really hurts. And it hurts, when you say that our (?) first Episode seated in the mansion ist not worth "1 sec of [your] life". They same way it hurts, that some people voted bad for our new episode without really playing it.

You may post comment how to improve episodes, saying which scenes you like and which not. That would be nice ;)

But individual comments to every episode, please do not judge all in one... play them as adventure games. By the way, do you speak german? Otherwise it would be really hard to play through most of the episodes and I don't know how in this case you can judge about dialoges, diffculty ans ging "cred" as you may not understand the intertextualities...
Rubacant
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer

Beitrag von Rubacant »

Im sorry for being a jerk before.

Here's a updated Backhall other side Background. Do you think the side walls look better??

Bild

And here's a huge trip down memory land.

LOL LOL LOL
Bild

Bild

Lot of my other BackGrounds are still Beta And im going to work on them a lot.
Anonymous1

Beitrag von Anonymous1 »

Rubacant hat geschrieben:Here's a updated Backhall other side Background. Do you think the side walls look better??
Well, a little bit. But I'm not a great artist.

To the other pictures: What is the sense of these points?
Kruttan
Adventure-Gott
Adventure-Gott
Beitrag von Kruttan »

Nice Work. The dots look a little bit distrubing ;)

Waht do they represent?

It would be nicer for the eye if they were not there. If they are fungus or moos (or something like that) perhabs there should be less...
>>Laverne, wie bist du nach oben gekommen?<<
>>Ich bin oben? Ups.<<
Rubacant
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer

Beitrag von Rubacant »

The two Bottom backGrounds are the OLD OLD OLD version to the top one.

Here is a in game shot of the new one.

Bild

And here the old one LOL LOL

Bild
Mister L
Rätselmeister
Rätselmeister
Beitrag von Mister L »

The new screens are very nice. :wink:
But I think the 'look in' command is not necessary. Lucas Arts reduced the verbs in the later games for good reason... :?

If I were you I wouldn't spent too much time showing every new bit of your game. Why should we play your game, when we've already seen everything? :shock:
Why don't you just use the time working on the game?
My MMM-Episodes: #7 "Right said Fred", #32 "Secret of Maniac Mansion", # 33 "Carry on Smiley", H05 "Escape from Maniac Mansion", #45 "Maniac Monday", #54 "CSI:RONVILLE", #58 "The People's Court", #70 "Maniac Mansion Begins", #74 "The Curse of King RootenTooten", #93 "Murder a.t. Moonshine Mansion"
Bòógieman
Süßwasserpirat
Süßwasserpirat
Beitrag von Bòógieman »

wow, the new screen looks great!

but I think the wooden boards of the side walls should have the same horizontal direction as on the other walls

Visit Bòógieman's Halls Of Illusions

---- Ende der Kommunikation ----
steve-o-mat
Komplettlösungsnutzer
Komplettlösungsnutzer

Beitrag von steve-o-mat »

Hey Rubacant.

Not bad at all, your screens. I would like to give you two hints.

1: To my mind, it would look nicer, if the interstices of the planks would be in a row. To show you what I mean:

Bild

Thats the normal way, stuff like this is constructed and I think it looks not that confusing. But thats just, what I think about that.

2. The planks at the side should not be vertical. It does not really fit the rest of the room. They could be like this:

Bild

But good work. The flipside of which room do you show here?
KhrisMUC
Adventure-Gott
Adventure-Gott

Beitrag von KhrisMUC »

To be honest, the new shots don't look too good.
Putting mold on the wall is fine; using 1000 shades of green is not.

Why don't you try this:
Recolor the outlines of the boards with a darker brown, use a light shade of gray for the nails and then draw the mold in a new layer. Use a single dark green color, then reduce the layer's opacity.

The backgrounds aren't meant to look as realistic as possible, so stick to the style.

Concerning "Look in":
Don't add a new verb for the sake of having a new verb.
People will try the verb with every container on screen, so it really doesn't add anything to the game except a tiresome 2nd possibility to hide inventory items.
Use gopher repellent on funny little man
Edison Interactive
Hobby-Archäologe
Hobby-Archäologe

Beitrag von Edison Interactive »

If "look at" bothers you, perhaps you could just change "look at" to "look" and writing the right prepostion in the status line on click for every object...
Rubacant
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer

Beitrag von Rubacant »

Hi

I'm working on fixing the Back Grounds right now. Thanks for the advice.

About the new verbs its just something in testing right now.

I was going to use Both Look at and look in and i was going to add other's to like look under.

I liked the Old Maniac Mansion and the Nintendo version of MM. When they had more Verbs I think it added More Variety to the game and other people think this all so.

This is true. People will try the verb with every container on screen, so it really doesn't add anything to the game except a tiresome 2nd possibility to hide inventory items.

Im not really sure what to say right now. But I think i will make a Small MMM game using the new verb system on Bernard starter pack.

You can try it out and tell me what you think will it work or not work. All so i make a few Polls on this forum and a few others and myspace page.
Anonymous1

Beitrag von Anonymous1 »

Well. I like this way you go. :wink:
Rubacant
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer

Beitrag von Rubacant »

Hello

I need Little help on the side boards. I can't get them to look right.

Bild

Dose this look right for the side boards.

Bild

And on the right side of the back ground where the X is should i put a small Cabinet or some type of table there. All so should i loose the viens the door.

And thank you for the help and all.
Iason79
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer

Beitrag von Iason79 »

Rubacant hat geschrieben: Dose this look right for the side boards.
No, it is like a little needle in my eye,
why dont make the lines parallel to the one on the
groundfloor, like steve-o-mat suggested..

//post scriptum:
Rubacant hat geschrieben: You can try it out and tell me what you think, will it work or not work? Also I made a few polls in this forum and a few others, and at my myspace page.
This is just a barely bad correction, I also made a lot of mistakes
when I typing fast, but mostely in chats, sometimes in a forum,
nearly in an e-mail and like never in a letter.
But you typing lot of nouns with capitalletters, so please
let some native-speaker correct your historical opus.
Ich bin ein altes Rabenaas / Ein rechter Sündenknüppel /
Der seine Sünden in sich fraß / Als wie den Rost der Zwibbel. /
Oh Jesus pack mich Hund am Ohr, / Wirf mir den Gnadenknochen vor, /
Und schmeiß mich Sündenlümmel / in deinen Gnadenhimmel.
Antworten