Ask your questions

Hier könnt ihr am 29. Februar 2016 ab 20 Uhr mit Jean-Baptiste de Clerfayt über Lancelot's Hangover diskutieren
Antworten
declerfayt
Verifizierter Account
Re: Ask your questions

Beitrag von declerfayt »

Loma hat geschrieben:As I have myself the tendency of writing rather long and complicated sentences in German I often felt a bit depressed when I couldn't do the same in English, unless I wanted to create some really weird sentences...
German and French speakers love those complicated sentences - English one love them short.

My favorite English-speaking writers are definitely Jack Kerouac and James Ellroy - always short sentenses. It smells like haïkus or IKKEA furniture: it's simple and sophisticated.

It's a really nice exercice to write in a foreign sentence because it push you to think different and to deal with your limits. And frankly, creativity love limits! :)
Lancelot's Hangover (point and click) : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to lose it.

Download free beta /// Video trailer /// Twitter /// Website
Loma
Ultimatives Flascherl
Ultimatives Flascherl

Beitrag von Loma »

So right you are.
It's very important to leave ones comfort zone from time to time to gather new perspectives and thoughts - and using a different language is definitely an approbriate way of doing so.
Ich denke, also spinn' ich.
Ich spinne, also mal' ich.
Ich male, also denk' ich.

"Never leave for the last minute what you can get away with not doing at all." (Pepe the King Prawn)
declerfayt
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von declerfayt »

Loma hat geschrieben:It's very important to leave ones comfort zone from time to time to gather new perspectives and thoughts - and using a different language is definitely an approbriate way of doing so.
This is exactly what Tim Ferris book is all about: leaving your confort zone (damn! I should put an affiliate link to Amazon, I need so much the money :)

I really like a quote within this book: try to reach the impossible goals. It gives you much more motivation than reasonable goals, there's less competition and nobody cares if you don't make it. :)
Lancelot's Hangover (point and click) : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to lose it.

declerfayt
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von declerfayt »

Ah ah ah! While I'm on this forum, a friend of mine (hey Justin!) told me: "I'm sure you are in your underwear drinking beers!" - which is very true :)

Loma
Ultimatives Flascherl
Ultimatives Flascherl

Beitrag von Loma »

Hehe. I assume the underwear is red. :)

Btw. I still want to see proof of your statement: "can touch his nose with his tongue when he's drunk."
Maybe at the party in Cologne? ;)

For now I wish you all the best for the project! I keep my fingers crossed that the Kickstarter campaign is going to be successful.
Thank you very much for hanging around here and answering our questions. Merci beaucoup! :)
Zuletzt geändert von Loma am 29.02.2016, 23:10, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Ich denke, also spinn' ich.
Ich spinne, also mal' ich.
Ich male, also denk' ich.

"Never leave for the last minute what you can get away with not doing at all." (Pepe the King Prawn)
declerfayt
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von declerfayt »

Loma hat geschrieben:Hehe. I assume the underwear is red. :)
Indeed! I'm promoting Lancelot no matter what - even when I'm sitting alone in my appartement. You never know - if the Illuminati hacks my webcam, at least this underwear could convince them to back Lancelot!
Btw. I still want to see proof of your statement: "can touch his nose with his tongue when he's drunk."
Maybe at the party in Cologne? ;)
* Touch his nose with his tongue,
* Juggling flaming torches on an elephant,
* Making a speech about the influence of HP. Lovecraft and Louis-Ferdinand Celine's writings on Michel Houellebecq pessimistic worldview

My LinkedIn profile is true: I can make all these things when I'm drunk in Germany :)
Loma hat geschrieben:For now I wish you all the best for the project! I keep my fingers crossed that the Kickstarter campain is going to be successful. Thank you very much for hanging around here and answering our questions. Merci beaucoup! :)
It was my pleasure. Thanks so much to everybody here, I had an amazing time! Thanks to AT for invinting me - and thanks to all Lancelot's backers and fans - without you, I cannot make Lancelot a reality. So, thank you! thank you! thank you! :)

Antworten