New Adventuring Demo please

Am 19.5.2015 ab 20 Uhr steht Corey Cole für Fragen zum Adventure-RPG-Hybriden Hero-U - Rogue to Redemption zur Verfügung.
Antworten
clasam
Frischling
Frischling

New Adventuring Demo please

Beitrag von clasam »

Hi, I tried to navigate this site in German, so hopefully this turns out ok.

I'm a big fan, and I had a suggestion, rather than a question.

I apologize if this comes off abrupt, but I can't help but thinking that you might want to release a separate demo for the adventuring portion of the game. Something different and more in depth than the "steal the coin" demo.

I remember the first time I played through it, it took all of about 5 minutes, and when I was done, I kept thinking "that's it?".

I know it's not a question, but I'm not sure that demo puts your "best foot forward" in trying to generate community interest, as well as fund-raise.

I know there is interest out there. I have heard people talk about it. I have also read comments about the quality of the adventuring demo and it actually turned people "off".

I think in today's age, where the attention span of people is shorter than a goldfish (actual study was done), perhaps the demo could have a bigger "wow" factor.

Again, sorry for if this was rude or terse. I want you guys to succeed, and it's frustrating to hear comments about the quality of your work in the demo stages, even though your track record has been fantastic.
Corey Cole
Verifizierter Account

Re: New Adventuring Demo please

Beitrag von Corey Cole »

We packed as much as we could into the demo to show off the look and interface of the game. The new combat prototype shows more of the features you are asking about - longer game play, more action, combat tactics, and of course the combat interface. It even has explosions. :-) Does the combat demo not provide what you want to see?

A longer demo could show more, but will have less "wow" factor. It certainly would not solve the "attention span of a goldfish" issue. We plan to do a "Let's Play" video about the conversation interface. We can't release that as a playable demo because we need to control what the player can see and do in the game. Otherwise it would have too many spoilers.
clasam
Frischling
Frischling

Re: New Adventuring Demo please

Beitrag von clasam »

Corey Cole hat geschrieben:We packed as much as we could into the demo to show off the look and interface of the game. The new combat prototype shows more of the features you are asking about - longer game play, more action, combat tactics, and of course the combat interface. It even has explosions. :-) Does the combat demo not provide what you want to see?

A longer demo could show more, but will have less "wow" factor. It certainly would not solve the "attention span of a goldfish" issue. We plan to do a "Let's Play" video about the conversation interface. We can't release that as a playable demo because we need to control what the player can see and do in the game. Otherwise it would have too many spoilers.
Awesome, Let's play should be great. Want you guys to do be as successful as possible!!!
Antworten