Graphic style

Ron Gilbert und Gary Winnick beantworten am 10. Dezember 2014 um 20 Uhr eure Fragen zum neuen Adventure Thimbleweed Park
Antworten
cortez
Frischling
Frischling

Graphic style

Beitrag von cortez »

Hi guys!

Well first off thanks for coming up with this wonderful idea! Like many others, I'm just thrilled and excited! :)

While I do really love pixels as well, could you elaborate a bit more on why exactly you chose the Maniac/Zak V2 style over, let's say the EGA/VGA style of Indy and the Last Crusade or Monkey Island 1? Would it require extra artists?
Also, I think in terms of functions added later (scaling of characters, no "what is" needed to find objects etc. and the addition of "look at" and "talk to") in my opinion that was the point in time where SCUMM had reached perfection ;), and obviously you go for some of these aspects too? So I'd say it looks a bit like a crossbreed of 1987 and 1990. :)

Best of luck with all!
grumpygamer
Verifizierter Account
Re: Graphic style

Beitrag von grumpygamer »

Gary and I liked the style of the original Maniac Mansion. It holds a special place for both of us. That said, there are improvements we'll be doing. Getting rid of the "what is" verb is one of them. We will do doing "some" scaling (thank you hardware), and other small lighting effects. We want to doing some stuff we "wished" we could do back then, but not too much that it distracts from the feel of the era.

- Ron
delMar
Frischling
Frischling

Re: Graphic stylel

Beitrag von delMar »

Gary, which tools do you use these days to create pixel art?
Ricka
Frischling
Frischling

Re: Graphic style

Beitrag von Ricka »

I guess it's Graphics Gale, isn't it!? :wink:
Antworten