Sound system

Ab dem 11.4.2013 um 16:30 Uhr steht Jan Kavan für Fragen über die Enhanced Edition von J.U.L.I.A. hier zur Verfügung.
Antworten
neon
Adventure-Treff
Adventure-Treff
Sound system

Beitrag von neon »

Jan you had an interesting keynote on AdventureX about seamless sound without loops. For those who have not seen the video, can you explain how that works?
"Ich habe mich so gefühlt, wie Sie sich fühlen würden, wenn sie auf einer Rakete sitzen, die aus zwei Millionen Einzelteilen besteht - die alle von Firmen stammen, die bei der Regierungsausschreibung das niedrigste Angebot abgegeben haben"

- John Glenn nach der ersten Erdumrundung 1962
JanKavan
Komplettlösungsnutzer
Komplettlösungsnutzer

Re: Sound system

Beitrag von JanKavan »

Thank you! Yes, J.U.L.I.A.: Among the Stars is using procedurally generated music which is able to adapt to player's action. I call it "mood composer" because it allows fluent organic transitions between different moods. The whole sound system infrastructure is working through careful musical object generator which is based upon theory of montage and collage of isolated musical objects (technique used in contemporary music by Miloslav Istvan and others). The atomized music source allows to create extremely long music without excessive data scope since it's live-sequenced. Also I am able to generate both ambient and more melodic music through this method.
Rockford
Logik-Lord
Logik-Lord

Beitrag von Rockford »

Interessing. Sounds like a similar approach Witch Beam is using in "Assault Android Cactus". There the sound has transitions depending on the performance of the player. (Note: AAC is not an adventure)
Ray: Yeah, I got a Plan B: making Plan A work! (Stingray - 1985 TV Series)
JanKavan
Komplettlösungsnutzer
Komplettlösungsnutzer

Beitrag von JanKavan »

The key difference is though, that in J.U.L.I.A. it's not only matter of transitions because the whole music is generated this way. The transitions are merely a result of music generated in real time. :)
Rockford
Logik-Lord
Logik-Lord

Beitrag von Rockford »

Sounds really cool. I am looking forward to listen to this :-)
Ray: Yeah, I got a Plan B: making Plan A work! (Stingray - 1985 TV Series)
Antworten