Started allready?

Interview mit den Machern von Cognition am Sonntag, 19.5. um 19 Uhr
Antworten
cesarbittar
Frischling
Frischling

Re: Started allready?

Beitrag von cesarbittar »

We are working on an android port. Android is a bit more difficult to do because of all the different specs out there for the system.

If I did get my hands on Space Quest, I'd definitely run to Mark and Scott to have them design it.
KatieHal
Komplettlösungsnutzer
Komplettlösungsnutzer

Beitrag von KatieHal »

To add to that, I believe Unity 4 also has support for Android, so once we have that upgrade, we can look into that port and what it'll take, too.

I'm looking forward to seeing "Spaceventure" when it's done! And the School for Heroes game and Dreamfall Chapters and Broken Age by Double Fine... I went in on a lot of kickstarters in the last year!
Katie Hallahan
PR Director and Designer
Phoenix Online Studios

Vote for Cognition on Steam Greenlight!
Zero
Tastatursteuerer
Tastatursteuerer

Beitrag von Zero »

KatieHal hat geschrieben:Laura Bow would also be fun to work with. I really enjoyed her adventures and her spunk. :)
Yes, that would be great! :D

I'm playing the third part at the moment and I really like it so far, when can we expect to see the last episode of cognition? :wink:
K-Oz
Logik-Lord
Logik-Lord

Beitrag von K-Oz »

Thanks for your answers. I'm going to leave now. Have a nice day and keep up the good work.
KatieHal
Komplettlösungsnutzer
Komplettlösungsnutzer

Beitrag von KatieHal »

Thanks for joining us, K-Oz, have a good night! :)

Hello Zero! We're working on Ep 4 now--I'd roughly say sometime this summer, we don't have an exact date right now. We're really excited to get the last episode out there though, thank you! Enjoy Ep 3 :)
Katie Hallahan
PR Director and Designer
Phoenix Online Studios

Rockford
Logik-Lord
Logik-Lord

Beitrag von Rockford »

Thank you again for your answers.

@cesar I know. Android is unfortunatly more fragmented reagarding the os versions (2.3 is still strong. 4.x growing ...). Different sizes of devices and cpu power. But it seems to be possible. I allready played one adventure game that was done with unity (reperfection, adventure/comic hybrid).

@katie I went in on a lot of kickstarters, too. Mostly adventure games. But you can be proud ;-) As I told you cognition was my first kickstarter a backed and it was before the "doublefine kickstarter hype". Plus I did not play TSL before. I was only reading something here on adventure-treff about cognition backed it because I was curious and I am not disapointed! :-)

One last question from me. - as long I don't come up with another one ;-) Regarding the cognition kickstarter containing physical stuff like game and soundtrack: Don't you collect an additional fee for shipping outside US? At other kickstarters I saw a lot of 'please add 10$ for international shipping' while I didn't see that on cognition.

Now I have to play episode 3. Thanx again!
Ray: Yeah, I got a Plan B: making Plan A work! (Stingray - 1985 TV Series)
Zero
Tastatursteuerer
Tastatursteuerer

Beitrag von Zero »

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it.
Rockford hat geschrieben:One last question from me. - as long I don't come up with another one ;-) Regarding the cognition kickstarter containing physical stuff like game and soundtrack: Don't you collect an additional fee for shipping outside US? At other kickstarters I saw a lot of 'please add 10$ for international shipping' while I didn't see that on cognition.
Yes, that's what I was wondering myself, too.
KatieHal
Komplettlösungsnutzer
Komplettlösungsnutzer

Beitrag von KatieHal »

In retrospect, we should have added that to ours--as we were on the early edge of the Kickstarter hype, the process wasn't quite down to a science and it's something that just didn't occur to us. But by the time it did, it was too late to add that stipulation.

Thank you all for your early support of Phoenix & Cognition!
Katie Hallahan
PR Director and Designer
Phoenix Online Studios

axelkothe
Adventure-Treff
Adventure-Treff

Beitrag von axelkothe »

Yeah, kickstarter was new back then, especially for adventure games. Cognition was also my first kickstarter... I remember the live stream was great fun and totally exciting.
NEU:Mein YouTube-Kanal über Klemmbausteine: SteinreichTV
KatieHal
Komplettlösungsnutzer
Komplettlösungsnutzer

Beitrag von KatieHal »

The livestreams and google hangouts have been awesome! It's great to get a chance to interact with everyone live like that. And google hangouts are just really cool in general--we use them for our daily animation meetings to go over the day's work, and it's nice to get some actual "face time" in, instead of the usual voice or text only skype meetings that we do during the day otherwise.
Katie Hallahan
PR Director and Designer
Phoenix Online Studios

Antworten