Linearity

Ron Gilbert und Gary Winnick beantworten am 10. Dezember 2014 um 20 Uhr eure Fragen zum neuen Adventure Thimbleweed Park
Antworten
Rotstift
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer

Linearity

Beitrag von Rotstift »

Except for multiple characters and perhaps different ways to solve certain puzzles - are you considering more interactive and dynmic storylines like in "Walking Dead"? Or would that clash with the oldschool approach and the game will probably be completely linear?
grumpygamer
Verifizierter Account
Re: Linearity

Beitrag von grumpygamer »

Having too much of that will clash with the old-school-ness of it, but we are having multiple endings based on the different character story lines, like Maniac Mansion. There will be choices players get to make that determine the endings.

- Ron
Rotstift
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer

Beitrag von Rotstift »

Most welcome! (In MM I experienced the Meteor police ending first and it took some time until I realized that I couldn't call them without Bernard. So I thought: what happens when I choose other guys? Exciting. :) )

And a similar thing that's not a question: I assume there won't be crucial dead ends or deaths of main characters because of which the game can't be finished, but you don't realize that (and the game doesn't signal it to you). That would be a little TOO oldschool. :)
grumpygamer
Verifizierter Account

There won't be any dead ends.

- Ron
FrasierCrane
Hobby-Archäologe
Hobby-Archäologe

Beitrag von FrasierCrane »

Will you be able to switch between the characters at all time (like in Maniac Mansion) or only at certain times/plot points?
grumpygamer
Verifizierter Account

Once all the characters are introduced in the story, you will be able to switch between them at any time. All the characters should be playable within the first 30 minutes of startering.

- Ron
k0SH
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Beitrag von k0SH »

I hate clowns!
Please don´t give him too much space!
Thanks!
Mitglied im "Verein zur kulturellen Förderung von Adventure- und storylastigen Computer- und Videospielen e.V." Und Du?
"But these days it seems like adventure games are almost a bit of a lost art form...exist in our dreams, in our memories and in ... Germany." Tim Schafer
Deutsche Adventure Games Gruppe (Facebook)
Simon
Adventure-Treff
Adventure-Treff

Beitrag von Simon »

k0SH hat geschrieben:I hate clowns!
So, you're a fan of Broken Sword? :mrgreen:
Antworten