Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure

Hier trefft ihr am 25. April 2016 die Macher des Comedy-Horror-Adventures Gibbous
neon
Adventure-Treff
Adventure-Treff
Re: Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure

Beitrag von neon »

Come to the party in Cologne in August and we'll definitely have a chance to do so. ;-)
"Ich habe mich so gefühlt, wie Sie sich fühlen würden, wenn sie auf einer Rakete sitzen, die aus zwei Millionen Einzelteilen besteht - die alle von Firmen stammen, die bei der Regierungsausschreibung das niedrigste Angebot abgegeben haben"

- John Glenn nach der ersten Erdumrundung 1962
Esmeralda
Adventure-Gott
Adventure-Gott

Beitrag von Esmeralda »

Liviu_StuckInAttic hat geschrieben:..., but I can tell you that Piscilla, Taxi Guy and Voodoo Gentleman will 99% stay casted in their respective roles.
Good to hear/read! The voices were spot on.
Wish you all the best for the rest of your campaign! As it is looking good so far I expect you to reach some of the stretchgoals. :D

@Jean-Baptiste: your beer-induced game got to me on St-Patricks-Day. A match made in heaven, so I had to back. Waiting for the next wacky update (and the game of course)
declerfayt
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von declerfayt »

Liviu_StuckInAttic hat geschrieben:Yeah, good to be here! Actually, before starting the interview I was reading your interview, and apparently beer came up in that one, too. We should really share some beers, some time - maybe with the fine folks of this forum? I'd love that.
Oh yes! The Adventure-Treff night during Lancelot's campaign was awesome, very funny moment! I'm surprised Loma isn't here btw ;) I'll be at AT Beach Party in Cologne during Gamescom and it will be a real pleasure to meet up Liviu and Cami - and see again Neon ;)

Oh! I see Sven is here on the forum. Sven, frankly, I'll be glad to meet up buddy if you come to Gamescom!

Esmeralda: thanks so much to back Lancelot!!!!! Plus, it was on last days - wow! that was such a stressfull final line - thanks so much! (To be frank, I didn't plan at all to finish on St. Patrick's day - but, it was surely funny - and a great day to party!!!! :)

I've told you often Liviu, but really I'm amazed by your campaign! 70% and still 11 days left. As Neon said on the comments, according to Kicktraq stats, the numbers of backers never drops during mid-campaign - which is incredible. Amazing job guys!

My question: Is this your first crowdfunding campaign? How did you prep it? :)
Lancelot's Hangover (point and click) : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to lose it.

Download free beta /// Video trailer /// Twitter /// Website
realchris
Riesiger Roboteraffe
Riesiger Roboteraffe

Beitrag von realchris »

I quess it is my first time to take place in the AT-Liveinterview. Take it as a big compliment. I`ll be back :-)!*

I hope the project will be a success and if not (I know it will be a success) than I believe, that many publishers seen your potential and your project will become reality. That is a fact.

* in the next few days. I have to think about the level. :-)

Good night
Meine Top 5 von Spielen, Stand für August 2018: 1.) DOTT 2 Fangame • 2.) Thimbleweed Park • 3.) The Last Of Us • 4.) Resident Evil 7 • 5.) Little Nightmares
Liviu_StuckInAttic
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von Liviu_StuckInAttic »

neon hat geschrieben:Come to the party in Cologne in August and we'll definitely have a chance to do so. ;-)
Consider us present! :D
Esmeralda hat geschrieben:
Liviu_StuckInAttic hat geschrieben: Wish you all the best for the rest of your campaign! As it is looking good so far I expect you to reach some of the stretchgoals. :D
Thanks! I'd love for us to at least hit the German French Spanish Italian goal, I know how important is for people to be able to have the game in their own language.
declerfayt hat geschrieben:My question: Is this your first crowdfunding campaign? How did you prep it?
Yup, it's our first.

Well, I started researching Kickstarter from the moment Gibbous went into pre-production. I knew we wouldn't have any other viable alternative of realistically funding production, so almost every day since november 2014 I was checking up on new Kickstarter video game arrivals, looking closely at campaigns, trying to understand what worked an what didn't. I've also read a lot of postmortems on Gamasutra, read the Lobster's guide to video game kickstarters... Really, the preparation itself was much more work than making the campaign per se.

It took us about a month and a half to make the materials and video for the campaign page.

We're really trying to give people fun and interesting content with each update, and I see that it's a thing backers appreciate. I hope it's evident that Gibbous is a labour of love and passion, and that will shine through in the final product.
Liviu_StuckInAttic
Verifizierter Account

realchris hat geschrieben:I quess it is my first time to take place in the AT-Liveinterview. Take it as a big compliment. I`ll be back :-)!*

I hope the project will be a success and if not (I know it will be a success) than I believe, that many publishers seen your potential and your project will become reality. That is a fact.

* in the next few days. I have to think about the level. :-)

Good night
Thanks, realchris! And thank you for your interest, it was fun interacting via forum, maybe we'll meet in real life, too. Take care!
neon
Adventure-Treff
Adventure-Treff

Beitrag von neon »

Liviu_StuckInAttic hat geschrieben: Well, I started researching Kickstarter from the moment Gibbous went into pre-production. I knew we wouldn't have any other viable alternative of realistically funding production, so almost every day since november 2014 I was checking up on new Kickstarter video game arrivals, looking closely at campaigns, trying to understand what worked an what didn't. I've also read a lot of postmortems on Gamasutra, read the Lobster's guide to video game kickstarters... Really, the preparation itself was much more work than making the campaign per se.

It took us about a month and a half to make the materials and video for the campaign page.

That's what people often underestimate and I think you did a great job there with all the background information, the demo, the well balanced reward tiers, all the funny writing on the campaign page and so on.
"Ich habe mich so gefühlt, wie Sie sich fühlen würden, wenn sie auf einer Rakete sitzen, die aus zwei Millionen Einzelteilen besteht - die alle von Firmen stammen, die bei der Regierungsausschreibung das niedrigste Angebot abgegeben haben"

Loma
Ultimatives Flascherl
Ultimatives Flascherl

Beitrag von Loma »

declerfayt hat geschrieben: I'm surprised Loma isn't here btw
You asked for me, Sire. ;)

Unfortunately, I'm a bit busy tonight.
And to be honest: I have not yet looked into Gibbous, although I like Lovecraft (shame on me!). So I can't think of any questions right now.
I promise, I plan to play the demo during the next days and wish you all the best! :)
Ich denke, also spinn' ich.
Ich spinne, also mal' ich.
Ich male, also denk' ich.

"Never leave for the last minute what you can get away with not doing at all." (Pepe the King Prawn)
declerfayt
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von declerfayt »

Liviu_StuckInAttic hat geschrieben:I've also read a lot of postmortems on Gamasutra, read the Lobster's guide to video game kickstarters... Really, the preparation itself was much more work than making the campaign per se.
95% of work before the launch... I cannot agree more with this :) And yes Lobster's guide is defenetly a must-read for your prep.
Liviu_StuckInAttic hat geschrieben:We're really trying to give people fun and interesting content with each update, and I see that it's a thing backers appreciate. I hope it's evident that Gibbous is a labour of love and passion, and that will shine through in the final product.
I'm sure Gibbous will be a very great game! And yes, I love your updates - personnal and with high-value content! It's a pleasure to read them!

Question: did you wrote them before the campaign?
Lancelot's Hangover (point and click) : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to lose it.

Fantasy Guy
Frischling
Frischling

Beitrag von Fantasy Guy »

Liviu_StuckInAttic hat geschrieben:
realchris hat geschrieben:2. In the demo are full of many interresting people walking in the background. The setdesign of the backgrounds are full of living. I love that. Will you do this details for the complete game?
Yes, and moooore! :D

We had to make the demo in between paid jobs, and those are not ideal working conditions. We wanted to add even more cool little details like extra environment animations, sounds, little interactions... But we ultimately had to focus on getting the demo done. Still, there's plenty of detail for a demo.

This is basically why we are Kickstarting - we want to be able to take a year or so from our lives and dedicate ourselves 100% to Gibbous. We're used to working fast and efficiently, so if we can do that, expect a lot more polish and quality than in the demo. We'd also love to overshoot our goal a little bit, to be able to hire some help with stuff like background art. We don't want to compromise on art quality, and a background like those in the demo can take up to 2 or 3 weeks to really polish.
I hope you overshoot your goal, I think this great project is worth the funding and more.
I am interested in helping out with background art and animation. Right now i am working as freelancer and able to adapt every 2d-style. Have a look at my adventure project i finished as final exam at university.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_-_zq9JXfs
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/comaadventure
please contact me if interested!

damianomiceli@gmail.com

Greets and good luck, Damiano
Cami_StuckInAttic
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von Cami_StuckInAttic »

Loma hat geschrieben:
declerfayt hat geschrieben: I'm surprised Loma isn't here btw
You asked for me, Sire. ;)

Unfortunately, I'm a bit busy tonight.
And to be honest: I have not yet looked into Gibbous, although I like Lovecraft (shame on me!). So I can't think of any questions right now.
I promise, I plan to play the demo during the next days and wish you all the best! :)
Hello, Loma! I don't exactly know what the policy is, but if this thread stays open, feel free to play the demo and pop in with questions later, we'll check in every once in a while and answer more questions. Oh, and you're a Lovecraft fan - I think you'll have fun spotting all the references ;)
Domino
Frischling
Frischling

Beitrag von Domino »

A couple more questions, semi-technical ones ;)

Since you're using Adventure Creator, are you happy with the decision? Or maybe it's sometimes a struggle to do something custom?

Also, what about the control scheme/UI? Have you explored various options (maybe had a particular example game in mind) or just went for the default Adventure Creator controls?
declerfayt
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von declerfayt »

Loma hat geschrieben:You asked for me, Sire. ;)
Hey Loma! Very happy to see you here! :)

Seriously, you can back Gibbous with your eyes closed - Gibbous is such a really great project! (well, actually, you technically have to open your eyes to click on the Kickstarter button, but you know what I mean ;) )

neon
Adventure-Treff
Adventure-Treff

Beitrag von neon »

Cami_StuckInAttic hat geschrieben: Hello, Loma! I don't exactly know what the policy is, but if this thread stays open, feel free to play the demo and pop in with questions later, we'll check in every once in a while and answer more questions.
This will stay open and I already talked to Liviu, I will monitor this and let you guys know when new questions come in.

Liviu_StuckInAttic
Verifizierter Account

declerfayt hat geschrieben:Question: did you wrote them before the campaign?
We had them outlined, but we didn't have time to word them exactly, so it's a combination, really. At first we went a little too easy on the updates, since I didn't want the backers to feel spamemd, but since they seem to be enjoying them we will probably be posting every other day.
Fantasy Guy hat geschrieben:I hope you overshoot your goal, I think this great project is worth the funding and more.
I am interested in helping out with background art and animation. Right now i am working as freelancer and able to adapt every 2d-style. Have a look at my adventure project i finished as final exam at university. Greets and good luck, Damiano
Thanks, Damiano! If we're overfunded we will be in need of good artists. The thing is, we'd like to first help out local artists that really don't get a lot of work on account of our town being relatively small and isolated, but we are not ruling out talented freelancers. But first we'll need to see what kind of funds we can raise, and if we can afford to temporarily expand the team a litte or not. I'll bookmark your stuff and take a look at it later.

I've gone a little bit into detail about art stuff in Gibbous in our latest update, click here to read it.
Antworten