Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure

Hier trefft ihr am 25. April 2016 die Macher des Comedy-Horror-Adventures Gibbous
Antworten
neon
Adventure-Treff
Adventure-Treff
Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure

Beitrag von neon »

am 25. April ab 19:30 könnt ihr hier eure Fragen an die Entwickler von Gibbous stellen.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/77 ... -adventure
"Ich habe mich so gefühlt, wie Sie sich fühlen würden, wenn sie auf einer Rakete sitzen, die aus zwei Millionen Einzelteilen besteht - die alle von Firmen stammen, die bei der Regierungsausschreibung das niedrigste Angebot abgegeben haben"

- John Glenn nach der ersten Erdumrundung 1962
Liviu_StuckInAttic
Verifizierter Account

Re: Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure

Beitrag von Liviu_StuckInAttic »

Hey guys, we're here, bracing ourselves for a barrage of questions :) Shoot whenever you're ready!

Bild

(I'm sorry, I know, no connection, I just had to)
neon
Adventure-Treff
Adventure-Treff

Beitrag von neon »

Hey guys, thanks for having you here. It sometimes takes a while for people coming in, but we have already some questions we collected from readers.

Here is one from Esmeralda:

How long do you estimate the playtime of the final game (as your doing frame by frame animation with only two animators and with a release in May 2017, it might be rather short)?
"Ich habe mich so gefühlt, wie Sie sich fühlen würden, wenn sie auf einer Rakete sitzen, die aus zwei Millionen Einzelteilen besteht - die alle von Firmen stammen, die bei der Regierungsausschreibung das niedrigste Angebot abgegeben haben"

Liviu_StuckInAttic
Verifizierter Account

neon hat geschrieben:Hey guys, thanks for having you here. It sometimes takes a while for people coming in, but we have already some questions we collected from readers.

Here is one from Esmeralda:

How long do you estimate the playtime of the final game (as your doing frame by frame animation with only two animators and with a release in May 2017, it might be rather short)?
Hey Esmeralda. Yeah, it will take a while, but we are confident we can have at least 8 hours of gameplay, or more if you stop and really check out everything and try stuff. I can understand it's not the 90s anymore and not a lot of people have 40-60 hours to spend on a game, but I don't want it to feel too short, either. Anywhere between 8 and 12 hours is what we're shooting for. If we do manage to put in all the detail and crazy hotspot interactions we're planning to, maybe more :) Our demo is about an hour long judging by letsplays - that's more than some games' first episodic releases.
neon
Adventure-Treff
Adventure-Treff

Beitrag von neon »

Another question was if you consider offering Paypal during the campaign.

Cami_StuckInAttic
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von Cami_StuckInAttic »

Unfortunately we don't think we'll manage to get the paypal thing done during the campaign, since there are so many moving parts and we are only two people managing the campaign, but we are looking into some kind of post-campaign funding via paypal later.
neon
Adventure-Treff
Adventure-Treff

Beitrag von neon »

Thanks, do you think you will offer the PayPal people the same rewards, or at lest some of the pledge levels?

Esmeralda
Adventure-Gott
Adventure-Gott

Beitrag von Esmeralda »

Hi Guys, I really like the Tiller-style backgrounds of your game, everthing looks great! It is obvious you are putting quite some work into it... Neon was so kind to ask one of my questions - thanks for your answer. 8 hours sounds good, although the demo took me less than an hour. But I know, it's hard to estimate how long it will take others to play. If you are aiming for 8 hours, that's absolutly fine.
Here is another question:
the puzzles in the demo were more on the easy side - is this what we can expect of the finshed game?
Liviu_StuckInAttic
Verifizierter Account

neon hat geschrieben:Thanks, do you think you will offer the PayPal people the same rewards, or at lest some of the pledge levels?
We will try to make it as fair as possible for everyone, but at the same time we might favor the people who have helped Gibbous become a reality by backing on Kickstarter a bit more :)
Esmeralda hat geschrieben:the puzzles in the demo were more on the easy side - is this what we can expect of the finshed game?
Mmmmm not necessarily :) While the demo isn't exactly the beginning of the game, it is very near it, and we're definitely going to ramp up the difficulty as you progress. On the other hand, Gibbous will be first and foremost character and story-oriented, and we are making a point of integrating all puzzles into the story. I can guarantee no sliding tiles puzzles! Unless people really, really clamor for them (they won't).

One thing I don't want is for the puzzles to slide into obscurity and abstractness. Unfortunately we had virtually no time to playtest the demo, so we're kind of remote-playtesting it by watching people letsplay it on youtube, which is WEIRD. I now have a much better idea of what works and what doesn't, so please treat those demo puzzles as timid, early tries.

Bill Tiller roooocks! We're so pleased they gave us a shout in one of their Kickstarter updates, it was an honor!
neon
Adventure-Treff
Adventure-Treff

Beitrag von neon »

Another question that came multiple times: The 50.000 $ stretch goal contains german localisation, is it text only or are you also planning to have the voices in different language? If it's only text, is there probably voice over as hidden stretch goal?

Cami_StuckInAttic
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von Cami_StuckInAttic »

Yes, it is text. We will probably have an insane amount of voices in the game, especially if we hit the Ultra Fully Voiced stretch-goal. To give you an idea, Buzz has over 700 spoken lines in the demo alone. We want the game to be professionally voice acted regardless of language, so we would need considerable extra funds to make that happen in German. Yes, it might be a hidden stretchgoal... Let's see if we can unlock it!
neon
Adventure-Treff
Adventure-Treff

Beitrag von neon »

Some people asked why the currency of the kickstarter is Swiss Franks, maybe you can explain that a bit?

Esmeralda
Adventure-Gott
Adventure-Gott

Beitrag von Esmeralda »

I understand that story and character are most important for you. But to solve a good puzzle with some head-scratching is sooo rewarding. If I breeze through a game without much thinking, I don't feel like playing, like archieving something. (I hope you understand what I mean... searching for some english word here) I am sure you will find some playtesters before release, so you can see if the level of difficulty is right for what you are planing.

By the way - I am one of the rare kind that likes sliding puzzles :mrgreen: but don't be afraid, I'm not asking for them

I haven't read anything Lovecraft has written (actually trying to catch up, inspired by your game), but I have heard about cthulhu and the necronomicon, will I understand everthing in the game, especially the jokes?
Domino
Frischling
Frischling

Beitrag von Domino »

Hey guys,

It's absolutely wonderful that you're making this game! It looks like it's going to be a great game, which is always pleasing to see in the classical adventure genre.

Anyway, I was wondering: how are you "casting" voice actors? Where do you find them? Are you looking for professional actors or are you looking for talented, but cheaper people? Did you consider hiring a known person (at least for a small role) to boost your visibility and have more fun that way? :)
Liviu_StuckInAttic
Verifizierter Account

neon hat geschrieben:Some people asked why the currency of the kickstarter is Swiss Franks, maybe you can explain that a bit?
Sure! We are posting an update about that tomorrow, but I'm glad you asked.

Unfortunately, you can't Kickstart from Romania. I don't know when that will be available, if ever.

We are making this game as three coworkers in a bigger IT Firm in Transylvania, Romania. This company has representation in Switzerland, so we showed our Swiss coworker, Stefan, the demo, and he was really excited and wanted to help us out - so we basically transformed his Kickstarter account into ours, so we can launch a campaign.

I know the campaign is a little confusing, with the Swiss CHF, but there's really nothing we can do - Kickstarter forces the local currency on the project, in this case Swiss francs. We translated all the tiers into USD/EUR/GBP. So, don't worry, it's not off-shore accounts in Switzerland, and I can't even point the Cayman islands on a map :) It's just what we had available.
Antworten