Ask your questions

Hier könnt ihr am 29. Februar 2016 ab 20 Uhr mit Jean-Baptiste de Clerfayt über Lancelot's Hangover diskutieren
declerfayt
Verifizierter Account
Re: Ask your questions

Beitrag von declerfayt »

neon hat geschrieben:I thought so. But actually it's a combination between the swordmaster riddle and the bridge scene in Monty Pythons Holy Grail, isn't it?
Shhh, it's a secret - Pythons lawyers could read this ;)
Lancelot's Hangover (point and click) : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to lose it.

Download free beta /// Video trailer /// Twitter /// Website
Loma
Ultimatives Flascherl
Ultimatives Flascherl

Beitrag von Loma »

declerfayt hat geschrieben:I knew I wanted to make a point-and-click game, but I didn't have a specific theme in mind. I've tried different concept - and I remebered we learn when I was student in art school the rules of medieval art. It's very coded, strict - and it's also quite simple and naïve art (no perspective, no shadows)
Thanks! This is really interesting.
declerfayt hat geschrieben:Plus, that medieval art wasn't very used in point-and-click adventure.
Which makes your game really outstanding. It's so refreshing to see games beyond the usual style (3D etc.) now - especially when one has a faible for a historical look of games.

Even when the naïve art style may eases some things I can't nearly imagine the enormous effort for one person to make all this.

Thanks for the book tip - I'm going to take a look at it although I would have prefered a secret that just grants me some more extra hours a day for personal use or so... ;)
Ich denke, also spinn' ich.
Ich spinne, also mal' ich.
Ich male, also denk' ich.

"Never leave for the last minute what you can get away with not doing at all." (Pepe the King Prawn)
Masterofclay
Adventure-Treff
Adventure-Treff

Beitrag von Masterofclay »

Hi Jean-Baptiste,

I'm late to the party, but I hope it's not over yet. :D

Cheers,
Marco
declerfayt
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von declerfayt »

Masterofclay hat geschrieben:Hi Jean-Baptiste,

I'm late to the party, but I hope it's not over yet. :D

Cheers,
Marco
Hey Marco! I'm very glad you're here! No, you're not late - I'm not even drunk so far :)
Lancelot's Hangover (point and click) : A whole life to find the Holy Grail. One alcohol night to lose it.

declerfayt
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von declerfayt »

Loma hat geschrieben:Thanks for the book tip - I'm going to take a look at it although I would have prefered a secret that just grants me some more extra hours a day for personal use or so... ;)
All right, all right - here's my very true secret to work extra hours: a massive use of cocain :)

Loma
Ultimatives Flascherl
Ultimatives Flascherl

Beitrag von Loma »

Sounds pretty expensive. So I would need the extra hours for another job... vicious circle... ;)

"Never leave for the last minute what you can get away with not doing at all." (Pepe the King Prawn)
declerfayt
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von declerfayt »

Bild

Loma
Ultimatives Flascherl
Ultimatives Flascherl

Beitrag von Loma »

:lol:

And now for something completely different:
If I understand correctly based on your education you are primarily a visual artist.
What gave you the idea for writing your "Guide pratique"?
Zuletzt geändert von Loma am 29.02.2016, 21:15, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

declerfayt
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von declerfayt »

Loma hat geschrieben:If I understand correctly based on your education you are primarily a visual artist.
This is correct :)

declerfayt
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von declerfayt »

Loma hat geschrieben:What gave to the idea for writing your "Guide pratique"?
Just for the people who are not familiar with great French-speaking litterature, I wrote a book in 2011 called "Le Guide pratique des situations pas pratique" (available on Amazon if you want to support starving Belgian writers). It roughly means "The helpless self-help book" in French.

declerfayt
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von declerfayt »

Loma hat geschrieben:What gave to the idea for writing your "Guide pratique"?
I've studied art at the university in Belgium - and for the final exhibition, I made a funny project: win the Peace Nobel Price. So I've started to write to political leaders (including George W. Bush and Gerhard Schröder) to ask them for support.

I was lots of fun making this - and I realized I wanted to make funny thing rather than conceptual art we were learning at school.

declerfayt
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von declerfayt »

Then I started to send funny articles review for rock magazines (funny means completely insane) and also female magazines. I've started to be published in several ones - also wrote some sketches for the television and radio

And I suggest a magazine to make a fake "Letters to the Editor" section - and they accepted! :)

Loma
Ultimatives Flascherl
Ultimatives Flascherl

Beitrag von Loma »

=D>
Maybe you'll get the Peace Nobel Prize for Lancelot's Hangover, because it makes the world a funnier place. :)

Concerning humour:
How easy/difficult is it for you to make jokes in a foreign language?

declerfayt
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von declerfayt »

Loma hat geschrieben:Maybe you'll get the Peace Nobel Prize for Lancelot's Hangover, because it makes the world a funnier place. :)
Yes! Austria supports my application!!!!! At last, my World Domination plan works!!! :)
Loma hat geschrieben:Concerning humour: How easy/difficult is it for you to make jokes in a foreign language?
This is actually a very cool thing. As you probably noticed in my book, when I write in French, I liked to use very complex and long sentenses (I'm a Marcel Proust fan, I admit it), try to used to sounds of the words to make it funnier.

As you have noticed it reading my very correct English in this forum's replies, I'm less confortable with English. AND IT'S AWESOME!!!

Why? Because it push me to go it straight, to show off my awesome language skill like I did writing in my mother tongue. It's again one more Tim Ferris advice: less is more. Be simple and direct. Cut all the unnecessary.

Loma
Ultimatives Flascherl
Ultimatives Flascherl

Beitrag von Loma »

Many thanks for this positive point of view!

As I have myself the tendency of writing rather long and complicated sentences in German I often felt a bit depressed when I couldn't do the same in English, unless I wanted to create some really weird sentences...

The French I learn while reading your book will definitely contribute a huge part to my knowledge that hopefully makes it possible for me to read Proust in French one day. :)

Antworten