Toonstruck 2 can be released!

Der Anlaufpunkt für alle, die selbst ein Adventure programmieren wollen.
Antworten
Cyrus73
Komplettlösungsnutzer
Komplettlösungsnutzer

Re: Toonstruck 2 can be released!

Beitrag von Cyrus73 »

And some more news from Trevor Greer who's involved in the project:
Well Ladies and Gentlemen, I have good news for those of you who are looking forward to the re-enhanced version of Toonstruck.
My father and Keith both worked at Virgin (Interactive?) and they are overseeing the project. As well as this, I play a part of this project.
The re-enhanced version is beginning to gain momentum and we are in the process of gathering all the old data from the original source code.
We hope to have stuff for Comicon this July, so check out the PCB Productions booth at the convention!
Answers to some questions:
1. I believe our current goal lies with a handheld version of the game. But, depending on its success, repackaging it back for PC and Mac isn't too far off.

2. What I mean by "Re-enhanced" is that we are taking all the old backgrounds and sound files and upping their resolution to match the ratio of iPad, iPhone etc.

3. We don't have any current plans to send it off for a windows platform at the moment.

4. While it may be going for Apple products,I'm not sure if we will have it for Android. Time will tell.

5. Once I find out our booth number for Comicon, I will be sure to let you guys know so you can come on by! I will probably be there helping out all (5?) days of the Convention at the booth.
Looks like it will be done the same way as with "Broken Sword: Director's cut".
k0SH
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Beitrag von k0SH »

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/toonstrucktwo

4,078 of 50.000 nach über einem Jahr...
Mitglied im "Verein zur kulturellen Förderung von Adventure- und storylastigen Computer- und Videospielen e.V." Und Du?
"But these days it seems like adventure games are almost a bit of a lost art form...exist in our dreams, in our memories and in ... Germany." Tim Schafer
Deutsche Adventure Games Gruppe (Facebook)
AT-AK-Rätsler
Rätselmeister
Rätselmeister

Beitrag von AT-AK-Rätsler »

Es scheint Neuigkeiten zu geben.

https://www.facebook.com/login.php?next ... am_ref%3D2

Den Link habe ich von der deutschen Wikiseite über Toonstruck. Ich habe aber kein Facebookaccount, deswegen kann ich nicht darauf zugreifen. Wäre jemand so nett und kopiert den Beitrag vom 5. Februar von Arem hier rein?
Rätselmeister Tag 6: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 und 2023
Zusatz-Sound-Rätsel: 2016 2017 2018
Gurkenbier
Komplettlösungsnutzer
Komplettlösungsnutzer

Beitrag von Gurkenbier »

AT-AK-Rätsler hat geschrieben:...Wäre jemand so nett und kopiert den Beitrag vom 5. Februar von Arem hier rein?
Klar doch!
Hello all -

I apologize for my absence. As many of you know I've been involved with Call of Duty and Titanfall the past several of years, and I've recently directed my first motion picture.

I would genuinely love to bring Toonstruck back to life, and I believe now is the perfect time to introduce a new generation of fans to experience this great game.

There have been challenges and roadblocks to re-assemble the original materials, but to go further, we need to raise significant capital and fan interest to bring this game back to life. After the poor distribution, marketing and sales of the original release, we need to show investors and distributors that we can sell hundreds of thousands of games. Even if we were to launch our own Kickstarter campaign, we'd need tremendous fan support to make this happen.

I deeply appreciate and respect the dedication and devotion you have all shown by keeping this petition alive, and I task you with this mission: recruit as many followers and likes as possible. We need to show that this game is still viable.

Let's prove that this time around we can succeed, and finally give Drew and Flux a home.
Roman78
Süßwasserpirat
Süßwasserpirat

Beitrag von Roman78 »

As I read it correctly, TS was cut into half and TS2 was also almost finished. Wasn't it something whit Burst Studios was acquired by another company and they stopped the project? I read in some article (long time ago) that the game was almost finished, every thing was there only had to put together.

So if it is correct and the content is there would it be possible to make a Dos version? Toonstruck runs perfectly on DosBox.

At this moment 4437 people signed. If I try to sign it gives an error message:

MySQL Problem
There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here
Antworten