The beginning of Thimbleweed Park

Ron Gilbert und Gary Winnick beantworten am 10. Dezember 2014 um 20 Uhr eure Fragen zum neuen Adventure Thimbleweed Park
Antworten
Rayman
Logik-Lord
Logik-Lord

The beginning of Thimbleweed Park

Beitrag von Rayman »

How did you come up with the idea of creating Thimbleweed Park
and what is the plot of the game?
grumpygamer
Verifizierter Account
Re: The beginning of Thimbleweed Park

Beitrag von grumpygamer »

We brainstormed a bunch of different stories and when we were done, we had 3 or 4 like we really liked, so decided to put them together and wrap it all in the mystery of the dead body. The name Thimbleweed Park came from Gary and I just wiring down (close to 100) different names until we found one we like.

The plot of the game is that a dead body is found just outside of Thimbleweed Park and two detectives are called in to investigate. And then it starter to get weird. We both loved Twin Peaks, so you'll see some of that kind of humor and strangeness.

- Ron
AMP
Frischling
Frischling

Beitrag von AMP »

The trailer really looks like David Lynch.
Rayman
Logik-Lord
Logik-Lord

Beitrag von Rayman »

The plot sounds excitingly. :D

Ah, Twin Peaks. I heard a lot of that Series, but I have never watched it on TV. :cry:
It should be very interesting, so I also want to watch it as soon as possible. :wink:

Good TV series are a very good inspiration of good ideas. :wink:
delMar
Frischling
Frischling

Beitrag von delMar »

Can you reveal the names of the detectives?
Or will they just be nameless protagonists?
grumpygamer
Verifizierter Account

They will have names, but Gary and I are still debating what they are. There are a couple of story elements we want to figure out that might shift our thinking on the names.

- Ron
JPJF
Komplettlösungsnutzer
Komplettlösungsnutzer

Beitrag von JPJF »

grumpygamer hat geschrieben:They will have names, but Gary and I are still debating what they are. There are a couple of story elements we want to figure out that might shift our thinking on the names.

- Ron
Maybe, Bonnie and Clyde ore Dave Miller and Sandy :mrgreen:
cortez
Frischling
Frischling

Beitrag von cortez »

grumpygamer hat geschrieben:They will have names, but Gary and I are still debating what they are. There are a couple of story elements we want to figure out that might shift our thinking on the names.

- Ron
The agents (especially the red head) strongly remind me of Mulder and Scully from the X-Files. Perhaps you could consider asking David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson to do the English voice acting? :) Well, probably that'd kill the budget, but I think it would be awesome. ;)
grumpygamer
Verifizierter Account

The agents (especially the red head) strongly remind me of Mulder and Scully from the X-Files. Perhaps you could consider asking David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson to do the English voice acting? :) Well, probably that'd kill the budget, but I think it would be awesome. ;)
I think one recording session with them would be our entire budget.

- Ron
Antworten