Vorstellung OKAM Studio / Introduction OKAM Studio

Die Macher von The Interactive Adventures of Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy stehen am 20. Oktober 2014 für eure Fragen zur Verfügung.
Antworten
neon
Adventure-Treff
Adventure-Treff
Vorstellung OKAM Studio / Introduction OKAM Studio

Beitrag von neon »

In einer halben Stunde haben wir OKAM Studio zu Besuch und ihr könnt eure Fragen stellen.

Zur Übersicht hier die Forennamen und Funktionen:

martinasantoro - Martina Santoro, CEO of OKAM Studio
OscarGP_Dog - Oscar Gomez Poviña, Narrative Designer
Lucas Gondolo, Creative Designer
SantiagoRvilla - Santiago Villa, Art Director und Autor der Comics
punto - Ariel Manzur, Chief Technical Officer

Offiiell starten wir um 20 Uhr, ihr könnt aber schon jetzt Fragen stellen.

--------------------------

In 30 minutes OKAM Studio will be our guests and you can ask your questions.

As overview, here the forum names and functions:

martinasantoro - Martina Santoro, CEO von OKAM Studio
OscarGP_Dog - Oscar Gomez Poviña, Narrative Designer
Lucas Gondolo, Creative Designer
SantiagoRvilla - Santiago Villa, Art Director and author of the comic books
punto - Ariel Manzur, Chief Technical Officer

We will start officially at 8 pm, but you can already ask your questions.
"Ich habe mich so gefühlt, wie Sie sich fühlen würden, wenn sie auf einer Rakete sitzen, die aus zwei Millionen Einzelteilen besteht - die alle von Firmen stammen, die bei der Regierungsausschreibung das niedrigste Angebot abgegeben haben"

- John Glenn nach der ersten Erdumrundung 1962
k0SH
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Re: Vorstellung OKAM Studio / Introduction OKAM Studio

Beitrag von k0SH »

Hi guys,
Thanks for your time!
Really appreciate it.

First question:
Is the shaver of Ariel broken? ;-)

Bild

Or does he suffer from the rare hypertrichosis illness?
(if so -> Get well soon!)
Zuletzt geändert von k0SH am 20.10.2014, 20:05, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Mitglied im "Verein zur kulturellen Förderung von Adventure- und storylastigen Computer- und Videospielen e.V." Und Du?
"But these days it seems like adventure games are almost a bit of a lost art form...exist in our dreams, in our memories and in ... Germany." Tim Schafer
Deutsche Adventure Games Gruppe (Facebook)
k0SH
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Beitrag von k0SH »

Questions:
“A young pizza delivery boy, a middle aged werewolf, a six thousand year old demon and the severed head of a gargoyle..”
If you HAD TO choose to be one of the characters, WHO would it be and WHY? :-)

And btw: “Hey.. where is the gargoyle in this?;-)
Zuletzt geändert von k0SH am 20.10.2014, 20:05, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Mitglied im "Verein zur kulturellen Förderung von Adventure- und storylastigen Computer- und Videospielen e.V." Und Du?
"But these days it seems like adventure games are almost a bit of a lost art form...exist in our dreams, in our memories and in ... Germany." Tim Schafer
Rockford
Logik-Lord
Logik-Lord

Beitrag von Rockford »

1. Engine

Godot seems not be a pure adventuregameengine. Is it really suited for such a game? The example screenshots on the Godot page seem from games in other genres. Well and there is that:

Godot Features:

-It can make your dreams come true
-It can get you laid (because making games nowadays is hipster and cool).
-It can get you into NASA (If John Carmack makes rockets, you can too).

Its seems to be cool but it doesn't say anything about adventure games.

2. Voice/Speech

Dubbing is unfortunatly a far away high strechgoal. Will there be any other kind of voice if this goal will not be reached? For example a narrator would be great if no character dubbing is possible. (I like the one in the Kickstarter Pitchvideo)

3. Plan B

Do you have a plan b if the kickstarter should fail? I hope this won't happen but at the moment it looks like it's running very slow.

4. Office

Your office is velociraptor free which I assume is good. Anyway only 12 days without an inicdent? That's not much. What incidents occure the from time to time that you don't have the full years you are working there without one? Are some occult events the reason?
Ray: Yeah, I got a Plan B: making Plan A work! (Stingray - 1985 TV Series)
OscarGP_Dog
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von OscarGP_Dog »

We don't know which the state of Ariel's shaver, but we're confident that he would lose masculinity points if he shaved all that hair in his face and chest.
k0SH
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Beitrag von k0SH »

Questions:
I´m not so deep into comics but I´m just wondering if they have been released in German? They haven´t, right? No problem with reading them in English; just curious.

And talking about Germany..
The comics were about Nazi´s too. Having swastikas in video games is kind of forbidden in Germany (not in movies btw but that is another and very long story) and would definitely be an issue if you´re trying to have a version later available for our retail market or so. Is the Nazi thing part of the game in any way?
Zuletzt geändert von k0SH am 20.10.2014, 20:06, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
SantiagoRVilla
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von SantiagoRVilla »

k0SH hat geschrieben:Question:
“A young pizza delivery boy, a middle aged werewolf, a six thousand year old demon and the severed head of a gargoyle..”
I guess I would choose Pazuul. He has the coolest story of the group. I don´t want to spoil any comicbook backstory but I can only say he had a funny life before being in a six-year-old-girl´s body.
k0SH hat geschrieben:And btw: “Hey.. where is the gargoyle in this?” ;-)
That´s something that only the game itself can respond ;)
OscarGP_Dog
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von OscarGP_Dog »

k0SH hat geschrieben:Questions:

And btw: “Hey.. where is the gargoyle in this?” ;-)
That's a difficult one. On the one hand, Eurico has a girlfriend and further on the story he even has kids. He seems to live a fulfiling life. On the other hand, it seems that Dog is in his late 90's and still looking good. I wish I could have such energy at his age.
k0SH
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Beitrag von k0SH »

Santiago? As a writer of the comics, was there something different/ difficult/ challenging? Talking about writing a story for a game instead for a comic?
SantiagoRVilla
Verifizierter Account

k0SH hat geschrieben:Questions:
I´m not so deep into comics but I´m just wondering if they have been released in German? They haven´t, right? No problem with reading them in English; just curious.

And talking about Germany..
The comics were about Nazi´s too. Having swastikas in video games is kind of forbidden in Germany (not in movies btw but that is another and very long story) and would definitely be an issue if you´re trying to have a version later available for our retail market or so. Is the Nazi thing part of the game in any way?
Comics are not in german yet. They´ve been published in Portugal and Brasil (in portuguese) and in US-UK by Dark Horse Comics in English with the digital access worldwide. We want to do more localization for the product but I´m afraid that it is still on the wishlist by now.

As for the nazi thing. Nazis are part of Dog´s backstory but we are not planning on including any of that by now. If we do so, we are aware of that rule and we plan to be responsables about it.
Lucas Gondolo
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von Lucas Gondolo »

Rockford hat geschrieben:1. Engine

Godot seems not be a pure adventuregameengine. Is it really suited for such a game? The example screenshots on the Godot page seem from games in other genres. Well and there is that:

Godot Features:

-It can make your dreams come true
-It can get you laid (because making games nowadays is hipster and cool).
-It can get you into NASA (If John Carmack makes rockets, you can too).

Its seems to be cool but it doesn't say anything about adventure games.

2. Voice/Speech

Dubbing is unfortunatly a far away high strechgoal. Will there be any other kind of voice if this goal will not be reached? For example a narrator would be great if no character dubbing is possible. (I like the one in the Kickstarter Pitchvideo)

3. Plan B

Do you have a plan b if the kickstarter should fail? I hope this won't happen but at the moment it looks like it's running very slow.

4. Office

Your office is velociraptor free which I assume is good. Anyway only 12 days without an inicdent? That's not much. What incidents occure the from time to time that you don't have the full years you are working there without one? Are some occult events the reason?
Actual footage of 12 days ago
SantiagoRVilla
Verifizierter Account

k0SH hat geschrieben:Santiago? As a writer of the comics, was there something different/ difficult/ challenging? Talking about writing a story for a game instead for a comic?
We are three authors. Filipe Melo is the creator and writter of the comicbook. Juan Cavia and I work the art. As far as the story, we always helped Filipe. In this case, the writting for the game is in charge of Lucas Gondolo and Oscar Gomez Poviña, who are working with Filipe. In that scenario, Juan and I are just close enough as consultants to protect the essentials of the IP as Filipe does.
k0SH
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Beitrag von k0SH »

Actual footage of 12 days ago
:mrgreen:

Questions:
I´m not a huge fan of the episodic concept (releasing a game in episodes like Telltale does with TWD and other games). But I understood that you´re doing something different. When you´re talking about episodes you mean that you already think of more stories that you would like to tell with following games, right?
But will there be something like a deep central theme that will develop over and within each episode? So, are you having a huge story in mind that will/ could lead into a big finale some day?

I know it´s not easy to give a statement about the length of a game but how many hours of gameplay are you targeting? 4-6, 6-8, 8-10, more than 10?
Rockford
Logik-Lord
Logik-Lord

Beitrag von Rockford »

Lucas Gondolo hat geschrieben:Actual footage of 12 days ago
OMG how many studio member where harmed in this incident?

Still adding new questions:

5. Funding

How did you survive before the kickstarter? Did you all the work unpaid in your freetime?

6.Prototype

Nice to see you are supporting all three (win,mac,linux). Is the prototype avaible for all three, too? I am on linux this is the reason for my question. Can't wait for some secret link :twisted:
Ray: Yeah, I got a Plan B: making Plan A work! (Stingray - 1985 TV Series)
k0SH
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Beitrag von k0SH »

Questions:
It´s said on your kickstarter page that "We are currently working with on amazing projects with companies like amazing adventure game German developer DAEDALIC".
And it seems like you´ve visiting them in Hamburg back in August:
Bild

Is that game already introduced to the public? If so, which one is it?
If not -> which one is it? ;-)
Is it an adventure game too?
Antworten