Tex Murphy

Hier geht es einfach nur um Adventures!
Antworten
Scat
Süßwasserpirat
Süßwasserpirat
Beitrag von Scat »

basti007 hat geschrieben:Ach, die Pandora Akte war doch eigentlich sehr gut von Kai Fiebig (jetzt Crimson Cow) eingedeutscht. Mit Bernhard Langer (Magnum etc.) als Stimme von Tex. Ich fand die genial.
Der Sprecher hieß meines Wissens nach Norbert Langer.

Aber "Pandora Akte" war wirklich ein Klasse Spiel aus dem Genre.
basti007
Adventure-Treff
Adventure-Treff
Beitrag von basti007 »

Sorry, natürlich. :)
Web: Weblog
xGismo
Hobby-Archäologe
Hobby-Archäologe

Beitrag von xGismo »

Denke mal ... passt hier mit gut rein

Gab es Conspiracies (http://www.anima-ppd.com) eigentlich auch in Deutsch? evtl. eine Fan Übersetzung oder so? oder sollte man das Game eh direkt vergessen :)
basti007
Adventure-Treff
Adventure-Treff
Beitrag von basti007 »

xGismo hat geschrieben:Denke mal ... passt hier mit gut rein

Gab es Conspiracies (http://www.anima-ppd.com) eigentlich auch in Deutsch? evtl. eine Fan Übersetzung oder so? oder sollte man das Game eh direkt vergessen :)
Bislang sind mir nur englische, griechische und polnische Versionen bekannt...
noreia
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer

Beitrag von noreia »

ne frage nebenbei wo kann ich die tex murphy teile noch kaufen ebay und amazon gibts nicht
danke
basti007
Adventure-Treff
Adventure-Treff
Beitrag von basti007 »

Hier ein paar Aussagen von Aaron Conners, die gerade bei UnofficialTexMurphy eben eingetrudelt sind - für alle Tex Freaks unter Euch. Ich hab mal die rausgepickt, die ich interessant fand:

"Chris Jones has left Microsoft and is not with Indie Built, Inc. either. He is busy running another company which he started years ago with some of the folks from Access Software. They work on golf programming only – no adventure stuff."

"Frankly, all I’m concerned with is having enough technology to convey a good story and some intelligent gameplay. I think the overemphasis on technology is one of the things that’s run the gaming industry into the ground."

"In order to create a realistic, populated world, we would have to use rendered characters – NO ONE ever really used FMV in gameplay, only in cinematics. Yes, we could still do FMV, but we’d have to create rendered characters AS WELL, and nowadays, I think rendered characters just might work for us. Plus, as has been pointed out, CJ & co. aren’t getting any younger. As rendered characters, they would be essentially ageless, plus we make them do whatever we want!"

"I think the key to good characters is more about good writing and good acting than physical appearance. Granted, FMV allows for more subtle facial expressions and body language, but I’ve also seen animation (some quite primitive) that created deep, interesting, emotionally impactful characters. Plus, as we saw frequently throughout the 1990s, FMV does not in and of itself create good onscreen characters."

"Should Tex be resurrected, I think it would most likely be online, and possibly on console. I doubt seriously that there will ever be another Tex PC game."

"From a graphical or programming standpoint, an online title would almost certainly be lower quality than a console or PC title. However, the advantages would include lower development cost, easier access, episodic presentation options, multiplayer possibilities, etc."

Frage: Why Overseer ended in such a strange way?
"The end of Overseer was supposed to be the intro to Chance (which I’d already written before we released Overseer). When I showed the script to CJ, he said it was too good to wait for and that we should add it as a teaser. Great idea, eh?"

"The trilogy brings back most of Tex’s old friends and Chandler Avenue neighbors, as well as people from his past, including Xavier Jones, Big Dick Castro, etc."

"I can only speculate about the technology, but CJ and I have always dreamed about having the speeder play a bigger role in our games. A speeder chase would be fantastic and we have a dozen other ideas (underwater speeders?) that could be very very cool."

"If we can’t do a full game, the best option in my mind would be an interactive radio theater, which would offer little in the way of graphics, but would have a unique style of gameplay, a few puzzles, the original voices of the characters, and would give some closure to Tex’s world."

"Get more people to buy adventure games! For me, the death knell sounded when Grim Fandango tanked. An incredible game that didn’t sell for no apparent reason…extremely disappointing.
On the up side, things seem to go in cycles and I hear more of an outcry these days for games with stronger stories, better writing, and more compelling characters. What I think it will take is a ONE HUGELY SUCCESSFUL adventure-type game – probably on a console – and then everyone and their dog will be hopping back on the bandwagon."

"If a developer somehow had the money, the biggest pitfalls would be finding talented people to design the gameplay and write the story and dialogue for your game. The vast majority of computer game stories, characters, acting, etc. are complete shit. Even our games were mostly B-movie level (and often C-level). Yet we were way ahead of most of our competitors. Really, it’s no wonder the buying public turned their backs on the genre."

"In my mind, the genre is practically dead and needs a savior, which will be a total fluke that cannot be planned or predicted. I don’t know how it will happen, but I sincerely hope it does."

"Games cost so much, the money people are afraid to invest in something that isn’t proven to be successful. I think the renaissance will have to take place online, where games have to more innovative and creative to attract attention and be successful."

"The Pandora Directive [is the best tex game], hands down. Not only did it have the best story and balance of gameplay and story, I also loved the pathing – how different each path felt, and yet how much integrity the story maintained despite the differences. I also enjoyed how well the classic love triangle played out between Tex, Chelsee and Regan. I remember being worried that Regan would be just too sexy and have the clear edge over Chelsee, and I was elated when the general consensus was that Chelsee was just as desirable (though in a less short-term sense). Gordon Fitzpatrick is still one of my favorite characters played by my favorite actor in the games, Kevin McCarthy. And I adored the entire cast of characters: Archie, Jackson, Malloy, Gus (my little brother), as well as Louie, Rook, Clint and the rest of the regulars."

"Any Tex project we do will always have Chris and Suzanne involved."

"If Chris Jones and I could do one more full-blown Tex game, it would probably be the BIG FINISH."

"I still work with Doug Vandegrift, Brian Johnson, Brandon Wright, and Nate Larsen, all of whom were artists on various Tex games. All of the programmers are gone. Jon Clark (sound guru) is still here. Of those who played characters in the games, Doug is the only one I still work with directly. Adrian and I have stayed in touch and see each other at least once a year. He is doing very well, having just finished filming a short which is entered in several prestigious film festivals. I would certainly want Adrian involved in any new Tex game."

"If I think about it too much, I start drooling. CJ and I wanted to do so much more than the current technology would allow us back then. Today, we could make the same games (good stories, characters, puzzles, etc.), but make their worlds incredible deep and dynamic, as well as offer different gameplay and puzzle elements."
xGismo
Hobby-Archäologe
Hobby-Archäologe

Beitrag von xGismo »

Nicht gleich verhauen ;) Aber gibt es evtl. Fan Übersetzungen zu
Tex Murphy: Martian Memorandum und Tex Murphy: Mean Streets?
basti007
Adventure-Treff
Adventure-Treff
Beitrag von basti007 »

xGismo hat geschrieben:@basti007

Wollte dich nur noch mal nerven und fragen wie der Stand der Dinge ist ;)
Was lange währt...

http://www.adventure-treff.de/kommentar.php?newsid=2191

Wie gewünscht...
xGismo
Hobby-Archäologe
Hobby-Archäologe

Beitrag von xGismo »

basti007 hat geschrieben:
Was lange währt...

http://www.adventure-treff.de/kommentar.php?newsid=2191

Wie gewünscht...

Natürlich schon gesehen ;)
Noch mal ein großes Lob an dich. Danke!
xGismo
Hobby-Archäologe
Hobby-Archäologe

Beitrag von xGismo »

meeeehr :) Ich möchte mehr davon :P
Tex Murphy
Frischling
Frischling

Beitrag von Tex Murphy »

Hallo Tex-Fans. Hab ich euch endlich gefunden ^^
Nachdem ich Pandora und Killing Moon nicht auf XP zum Laufen bekommen habe, habe ich mir nun einen schönen museumsreifen PC besorgt. Pandora läuft, Killing Moon will leider nicht so recht aber ich bin zuversichtlich, dass ich das noch hinkriege. Da ich Killing Moon leider noch nicht kenne, hoffe ich dass mir jemand von euch die Frage beantworten kann ob Norbert Langer (Magnum-Synchro) auch bei Killing Moon Tex synchronisiert hat.

Danke & Tex forever!!!
Wintermute
Adventure-Gott
Adventure-Gott

Beitrag von Wintermute »

Hallo "Tex Murphy" :D ,
Willkommen im Forum!

Du kannst beide Spiele mit DosBox v0.65 auch unter XP ans Laufen bekommen. Speziell bei UAKM gibt es ganz leichte Tonaussetzer, aber es ist spielbar.
galador1
Adventure-Gott
Adventure-Gott
Beitrag von galador1 »

Tex Murphy hat geschrieben:Da ich Killing Moon leider noch nicht kenne, hoffe ich dass mir jemand von euch die Frage beantworten kann ob Norbert Langer (Magnum-Synchro) auch bei Killing Moon Tex synchronisiert hat.

Danke & Tex forever!!!
unwarscheinlich, da das spiel nicht deutsch syncronisiert wurde.
JackVanian
Rätselmeister
Rätselmeister

Beitrag von JackVanian »

yep, die Pandora Akte ist der einzige Tex Murphy Teil mit deutscher Sprachausgabe.
Antworten