Ken & Roberta Williams are making a new game! - The Colossal Cave 3D

Hier geht es einfach nur um Adventures!
k0SH
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Ken & Roberta Williams are making a new game! - The Colossal Cave 3D

Beitrag von k0SH »

BREAKING NEWS !
Ken & Roberta Williams are making a new game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hvFvLdReXM

Frage der Fragen - Adventure oder nicht?
Ich glaube erst Mal nicht daran..
Zuletzt geändert von k0SH am 04.07.2022, 00:18, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Mitglied im "Verein zur kulturellen Förderung von Adventure- und storylastigen Computer- und Videospielen e.V." Und Du?
"But these days it seems like adventure games are almost a bit of a lost art form...exist in our dreams, in our memories and in ... Germany." Tim Schafer
Deutsche Adventure Games Gruppe (Facebook)
k0SH
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Re: Ken & Roberta Williams are making a new game!

Beitrag von k0SH »

From Ken:

"
Hi all -- I don't want to say too much, because:
a) I'm trying to focus on the game, and Facebook can become a full-time job, and there are only 28 hours in a day
b) It's too soon. I probably shouldn't have leaked that I'm working on a game.
There will be a time when I want all the publicity I can get, but it just isn't that time yet.

Anyway .. here's some answers to questions (a pre-emptive faq):
What are you working on?
-- It is indeed a game, and it's one that is very mainstream.
Roberta talked me out of the educational game and into something more people would enjoy.
I'll say what it is about six weeks from now.
In the meantime I just want to be head-down focused.

When will it be done?
-- Our goal is November, but that probably isn't realistic.
We're pushing hard though.

What platforms will it be available on?

-- I don't know. Certainly Mac and Windows.
I hope eventually it will be on most platforms and in most languages.
A lot will depend on how people like it.

Can you give me a hint?
-- I hope not!

Can I beta test?
-- Possibly. Send me an email - ken@kensblog.com.
I won't respond but I will put your name on a list of possible beta testers.
I don't know yet how many we'll want or how we'll choose them, or even what we'll be looking for.
I'm inclined towards fewer people who have the time to take it more seriously and put in more time.
I'm guessing beta testing can start in August (or, at least hoping!).

Can I do the music? the box cover? character voices? the foreign translation? the porting to Apple ][?
Probably not.
We will need help with foreign translation and porting to other platforms, but the box art, voices and music are already handled.

Is the game any good?
-- I have said that I do not think a small team can produce a product that is competitive in today's world.
I still believe that.
The major studios have nothing to fear from this game.
It's an incredible accomplishment for a small team, and those who play it will find much to love.
But, I am not kidding myself that this will sell millions of copies.
That said, I do think traditional Sierra fans will be very happy.

What's Roberta's involvement?

-- So far, her involvement has been important, but minimal.
She was the original inspiration for the game, and has been consulted almost daily.
But, in terms of hours spent in front of a computer it is 99% Marcus and myself.
We've been filling all spare time 7 days a week.
Roberta will get more and more involved as we get closer.

What's the game's exact current status?

-- The whole game is there, but with scratch graphics.
That's one reason for no screen shots.
We wanted to rough out the whole game and then make a second (and, third and fourth) pass to replace the placeholder graphics and animation and start polishing things.
If you saw the game today I doubt you'd be impressed.
You would need a LOT of imagination.
That's how we planned it and that's how it is.

Is this the beginning of a new company?
-- I have no idea. Marcus (my partner in this effort) is in this for the long haul.
He's young and has the ambition and talent to do something great.
Whereas, I am happily retired and more excited about having an excuse to create and write code than I am about building a company.
I do think people will like this game and that it will be the start of something.
But, what that is, and whether Roberta and I will hang in there, or if this was just a fun one-off I do not know.
At this point I don't want to think much beyond solving bugs and polishing the game.
All of that said, I do have more ideas for things to do and have surprised myself (and, hopefully you) by what we have accomplished.
I would have thought it impossible to do what we have done, but with a good set of tools and a lot of focus and hard work, big things appear to be possible.
I can't imagine ever not waking up and going to my computer.
So, we shall see!
"
Mitglied im "Verein zur kulturellen Förderung von Adventure- und storylastigen Computer- und Videospielen e.V." Und Du?
"But these days it seems like adventure games are almost a bit of a lost art form...exist in our dreams, in our memories and in ... Germany." Tim Schafer
Sven
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Beitrag von Sven »

Klingt interessant. Wie auch Betatest. Wenn wir jetzt nur wissen was für ein Spiel es ist...
Der Erste und Einzige hier im Forum, der die englische Version von Tungi hat.
Der Zweite, der eine von Poki handsignierte englische Version von Edna & Harvey the Breakout hat. Mit gezeichnetem Harvey auf der Rückseite!
k0SH
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Beitrag von k0SH »

DAS wage ich mal zu bezweifeln..

Bild
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Sven
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Beitrag von Sven »

Einiges ist doch bei Activision und manche IPs gingen wo anders hin.

Activision: Nee. :mrgreen: Jane Jensen hat Jahre gebraucht nur um die IP von GK zu bekommen für das Remake!
Der Zweite, der eine von Poki handsignierte englische Version von Edna & Harvey the Breakout hat. Mit gezeichnetem Harvey auf der Rückseite!
k0SH
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Beitrag von k0SH »

Eine Big Box soll es auch geben:

Bild
kenbox.JPG
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Sven
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Beitrag von Sven »

Auch gut.
k0SH
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Beitrag von k0SH »

agentbauer
Rätselmeister
Rätselmeister

Beitrag von agentbauer »

Gute Neuigkeiten.
Das erscheint bestimmt noch vor SpaceVenture....
k0SH
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Beitrag von k0SH »

Bisher wurde gesagt, dass es sich
- um ein Adventure handelt
- in 3D kommt
k0SH
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Beitrag von k0SH »

Also nun ist es ein VR-Game?!
Zuerst hieß es doch, das man darüber nachdenkt evtl. auch VR anzubieten..
Hmm...

Startet @ 1:03:30 // https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsAGicIdhao

Marcus:
"We have a 3D fully immersive adventure game with the Sierra flavor and it's going be a virtual reality game - we can confirm that right now."

"taking full advantage of VR and have a really unbelievable immersive 3D adventure game"

"because I don't think there's many out there .. not at this scale and not with this kind of storytelling"

In ein paar Wochen soll es mehr Details geben..
Cohen
Adventure-Treff
Adventure-Treff

Beitrag von Cohen »

Auch wenn ich ein Fan von VR-Spielen bin, hoffe ich doch, dass der VR-Modus nur optional ist. Sierra-Retro-Fans und VR-Spieler werden auch nur eine sehr geringe Schnittmenge haben.

Ken scheint sich mit VR auch gar nicht auszukennen, immerhin nennt er mac(OS) und Windows als Hauptplattformen und Marcus wirft noch ein "PS5" in den Raum. Richtig abgesprochen wirkt das nicht.

Bloß hat macOS gar keinen VR Support, man muss sich auf einem Mac der Krücke Bootcamp/Windows bedienen:

https://www.macwelt.de/international/Au ... 03625.html
https://machow2.com/best-vr-headset-mac/

Diese großkotzige Art des Marcus Maximus Mera gefällt mir auch überhaupt nicht... das scheint ein richtiger Schaumschläger zu sein, der seinen Gesprächspartnern auch ständig ins Wort fällt. Dabei hat er meines Wissens noch an keinem Computer-/Videospiel mitgewirkt sondern kommt aus dem Schmuckdesign.

Ich befürchte Übles. :(
Multi-Gamer: PC + PCVR, PS5 + PSVR2, Xbox Series X, Steam Deck OLED, Switch OLED, iPads, WiiU, 3DS, PSVita, ..., N64, PS1, SNES, Amiga, C128, Atari
Sven
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Beitrag von Sven »

Das hört sich echt schlecht an.

Ein neuer "Paul Trowe" aufgewacht... :?:
k0SH
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Beitrag von k0SH »

Ich weiß um welches Spiel es sich handelt (darf aber nix sagen).
*hust* Remake aber kein Sierra-Titel *hust*

Gehe aber auch davon aus, das VR wenn optional sein wird.
Sven
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Beitrag von Sven »

Na hoffentlich optional...
Antworten