Quest for Glory

Am 19.5.2015 ab 20 Uhr steht Corey Cole für Fragen zum Adventure-RPG-Hybriden Hero-U - Rogue to Redemption zur Verfügung.
Antworten
k0SH
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Quest for Glory

Beitrag von k0SH »

1) Which is your favorite QfG game? And why? :-)

2) Who had the idea of QfG back then? Is it based on other games/ books/ movies? Was it hard to convince Ken/ Roberta?
Mitglied im "Verein zur kulturellen Förderung von Adventure- und storylastigen Computer- und Videospielen e.V." Und Du?
"But these days it seems like adventure games are almost a bit of a lost art form...exist in our dreams, in our memories and in ... Germany." Tim Schafer
Deutsche Adventure Games Gruppe (Facebook)
Lori Cole
Verifizierter Account

Re: Quest for Glory

Beitrag von Lori Cole »

My favorite QfG game (and the most heartbreaking) was Shadows of Darkness. It was the game were all the story elements worked with the art to create magic. This was the game I most looked forward to creating - with all the tributes to the old horror movies and actors.

Sadly, it was originally released with very little QA testing and was a total mess when Sierra first dumped it out the door. The game was totally broken. What should have been the best of the series was the worst because it was unplayable.

They later re-released the game with the voice actors (and John Rhys-Davies as our narrator) after they fixed many of the bugs.
k0SH
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Beitrag von k0SH »

Shadows of Darkness
That is my favorite one too. Love the setting.
Liked QfG III a lot too but QfG IV was special.

Collector-wise it's hard to find a boxed copy that is in good condition because the huge purple box isn't that well protected from shelf-wear or dents like the prior boxes.
So if you still got a sealed one of that... let me know ;-)
Btw: do you have boxed copies of all your games? Or other memories from back then?
Mitglied im "Verein zur kulturellen Förderung von Adventure- und storylastigen Computer- und Videospielen e.V." Und Du?
"But these days it seems like adventure games are almost a bit of a lost art form...exist in our dreams, in our memories and in ... Germany." Tim Schafer
Lori Cole
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von Lori Cole »

We have copies of all our games except for one of the collections. They aren't in mint condition, sad to say. If I need a box cover image for publicity, I usually have to do serious cleanup of photos in Photoshop. (Either that, or borrow an image off the internet :D )

It's a shame we don't have more copies. We could have supplemented our Kickstarter by selling games on Ebay.
k0SH
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Beitrag von k0SH »

except for one
Interesting. Which one is missing?
Either that, or borrow an image off the internet :D
8)
There is a collector who has an impressive collection with most of the games - and he is a huge Sierra fan too - still sealed.
It's a shame we don't have more copies. We could have supplemented our Kickstarter by selling games on Ebay.
Haha.. agree! Prices for boxed copies in good condition have raised due to the growing scene of collectors.
Corey Cole
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von Corey Cole »

Lori thought we were missing either the Quest for Glory Collection or the Anthology, but it turns out we have both. They are almost the same, except they added a QG5 demo and soundtrack to the Collection Series. Neither includes Quest for Glory V, as it was released later (three years behind schedule and $2.5 million over budget, in comparison to which Hero-U is doing amazingly well.) I think Sierra expected to include QGV in the Collection when they started working on it, but it took another year to complete the game.

Our collection is missing many of the related publications such as the hint books. We have the Prima book covering games 1-4, but I'm not sure whether we have the QGV strategy guide.
Antworten