German translator for The Path of the Pumpkin

Fragen zu "Adventure Game Studio"? Hier rein!
Antworten
WarioPunk
Frischling
Frischling
German translator for The Path of the Pumpkin

Beitrag von WarioPunk »

Hi german adventurers.
Today i finally release the english version of my last adventure, The Path of the Pumpkin.
This is probably one of the best adventure of italian history and my dream is to make it MULTI5.
Someone are interested to translate the game? Is a huge work, about 11.000 text lines.
but i think that he can have a great success.

Here the game if someone want to try it (and enjoy it ;) )

Bild

ENGLISH--ITALIAN--more translations coming....

Skar the Pumpkin and his assistant Mr.FeeFee, are two well-know detectives fro Treshopolis. One day, their dreary routine is shattered by an out-of-the-ordinary mission, that will take them on a hunt for a girl who as be kidnapped and forced to marry against her will. The two "detectives" have to do their utmost, in order to bring the case to a conclusion, but... this is only the beginning of something much bigger and much more involved!

60 Rooms!
80 Characters!
6 Chapter!
Twelve videos!
60 Tracks!

DOWNLOAD
(if the main link have problem use the mirror link)
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/si ... /game/1638

NOTE
If you have a blackscreen at the beginning of the game open the winsetup file and try a different graphic filter (probably 32 bit work) or graphic driver.

BildBild
BildBild
Stef_Riddle
Tastatursteuerer
Tastatursteuerer

Re: German translator for The Path of the Pumpkin

Beitrag von Stef_Riddle »

Hi WarioPunk,

I just downloaded your adventure and will play it soon. The graphics look great and the game promises to be fun.

I´d like to help you translating the game into German. As reference I can offer you the German fandub-project for The Tales of Monkey Island. In this project I translated the lion share of episode 1 which was approximately 800-900 text fields from 1100-1200 and a significant amount of episode 2 (maybe 500 text fields). Episode 3 and beyond were never translated because the official German version was released. I don´t know if those dubs do exist anymore because the forum (miforum.de) and host is closed for a few years.

Give me further information about the task if you are interested.
I would also appreciate if others join the translation project. Moreover there will be test readers necessary to grant a certain quality level.

Greetings,
Phat Stef
<< Rätselmeister zum Indie-Adventure: Escape to Antesha >>

:!: Escape to Antesha offizielle Seite

:!: EtA auf Facebook
Gebt uns doch ein Like oder allgemeines Feedback

Und vor allem sagt es weiter!
WarioPunk
Frischling
Frischling

Beitrag von WarioPunk »

Hi Phat, this translation is bigger than Tales, The Path of the Pumpkin have around 11.000 text line ad can be hard to a single person to do it alone, but you have all the time you need for make the translation.

The translation of an ags games is really simply and don't require additional software or unpack and repack file like the translation of Telltale Games.
You only need to edit a text file with all the text of the game, the file have italian line and translation line alternate, in this case i send you the english.trs with the italian line and the english line alternate (because you don't understand italian), and the translator must replace the english lines with the german lines.
Lines starting with '//' are comments - DO NOT translate them.
Special characters such as [ and %%s symbolise things within the
game, so should be left in an appropriate place in the message.
And more important all the phrase after the translation must have the same line number that have before, or the game don't read the file and start with the default language.
If you find an empty line just leave it empty.

Here the file if you want take a look.
https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D0252748_61442443_643848

there is no problem for me if you can make a translation team, all the translators will be credited in the game, in my site and other sites like Mobygames.
skps
Frischling
Frischling

Beitrag von skps »

Whats up WarioPunk I just found out about your game via ModDB and would be willing to help with some of the translations.
Unfortunately I can´t give you any reference as I previously only translated small programs and never eve a game, but I hope that would not be such a big problem.
Greetings, skps.
WarioPunk
Frischling
Frischling

Beitrag von WarioPunk »

Hi skps, the references aren't a problem for me.
If Phat is still interested you can collaborate.
skps
Frischling
Frischling

Beitrag von skps »

status update: did the first 220 lines, sometimes added a little bit of personal touch.
I WILL CARRY ON :D
WarioPunk
Frischling
Frischling

Beitrag von WarioPunk »

Awesome, Skps i have a important note to make, in the game the word capitals is use often, but they don't mean capitals like the capitals of the states but this part of the column, Mr.feeFee use this words every room ^^

Bild
skps
Frischling
Frischling

Beitrag von skps »

Okay thanks, I was quite unsure about that^^
And referring to Mr. FeeFee, is he a dog?
I did not come around to play the game yet, which makes ist ahrd to understand some things :D
And at some point, "holomovies" by Baustin Bower are mentioned, what ist that?
WarioPunk
Frischling
Frischling

Beitrag von WarioPunk »

No he isnt' a dog, is this guy

Bild

"Holomovies" are like hologram/movies and Baustin Bowers is a parody of Austin Powers

I think is better than you play the game first, so you can understand better some dialogues and situation.
If you need the walkthrough is here http://miciosegoneags.altervista.org/wa ... nglish.txt
skps
Frischling
Frischling

Beitrag von skps »

Ah, thanks :D because the german "fifi" is a typical dogs name and similar to this.. I will certainly do this, would also make sense to know what I am translating ;)
Antworten