Boxed Version

Ron Gilbert und Gary Winnick beantworten am 10. Dezember 2014 um 20 Uhr eure Fragen zum neuen Adventure Thimbleweed Park
Antworten
Mike H.
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer

Boxed Version

Beitrag von Mike H. »

First of all, thanks to both of you for making my youth so much brighter with your great games! :)

I have a couple of questions about the boxed version of "Thimbleweed Park":

1. Are you planning to include some goodies in the box (for example a codewheel, or a newspaper like in Zak McKracken)?
2. Will the box include a disc or will the game be downloadable only?
3. Will the boxed version be available for non Kickstarter backers?
4. Don't you think you could give the Kickstarter campaign a huge boost by offering the boxed version for, let's say, 75$ or 100$? 150$ seems awfully steep to me. :wink:

Best for luck for the development of "Thimbleweed Park" and thanks in advance!
grumpygamer
Verifizierter Account
Re: Boxed Version

Beitrag von grumpygamer »

1 - Yes, there will be some goodies in the box.
2 - The box will not include a disk. We looked into it and it started to become a real pain with mastering and lead times, etc. It's something we're still looking at. I won't rule it out.
3 - Don't know the answer to that yet. We want to KS version to be special since those are the people that helped get the game off the ground.
4 - It is a little pricey, but all that money is going to make the game better. None of the KS money is 'profit', it's all going into making the game.

- Ron
Rocco
Adventure-Treff
Adventure-Treff

Beitrag von Rocco »

grumpygamer hat geschrieben: 2 - The box will not include a disk. We looked into it and it started to become a real pain with mastering and lead times, etc. It's something we're still looking at. I won't rule it out.
pleasssseee, you don't have to send it initally with the download release.
Take your time and give us a nice disk. [-o<
Rayman
Logik-Lord
Logik-Lord

Beitrag von Rayman »

Rocco hat geschrieben:pleasssseee, you don't have to send it initally with the download release.
I agree with Rocco. A disk could be nice. :D
grumpygamer
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von grumpygamer »

Rocco hat geschrieben: pleasssseee, you don't have to send it initally with the download release.
That is a good point.

- Ron
k0SH
Zombiepirat
Zombiepirat

Beitrag von k0SH »

A box without a disc would be a bit ... hmmm ... of no earthly use :roll:
But agree to what is already said: you can deliver it at a later time.
Mitglied im "Verein zur kulturellen Förderung von Adventure- und storylastigen Computer- und Videospielen e.V." Und Du?
"But these days it seems like adventure games are almost a bit of a lost art form...exist in our dreams, in our memories and in ... Germany." Tim Schafer
Deutsche Adventure Games Gruppe (Facebook)
Darksun777
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer

Beitrag von Darksun777 »

Pleeeeeeeaaaaasseeeee make a disc. With a nice cover, like the DOTT-CD. This is a must-have for collectors. A box without a physical media is ... not good.

No Problem if it will delivered at a later time. I'm also ready paying an additional fee for a disc.
Antworten