What the future holds after J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition?

Ab dem 11.4.2013 um 16:30 Uhr steht Jan Kavan für Fragen über die Enhanced Edition von J.U.L.I.A. hier zur Verfügung.
Antworten
Agustin
Verifizierter Account
What the future holds after J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition?

Beitrag von Agustin »

Is it true that you're working on a mega-secret project dubbed "Space Witches" along with two other talented and very handsome developers?
Say
Frischling
Frischling

Re: What the future holds after J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition?

Beitrag von Say »

AGUSTIN! *hugs*
Zuletzt geändert von Say am 11.04.2013, 17:46, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
JanKavan
Komplettlösungsnutzer
Komplettlösungsnutzer

Re: What holds the future after J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition?

Beitrag von JanKavan »

Haha. Yes. Equipped with laser brooms. You haven't heard about this game for the last time. :)

Currently there are also other projects in the spotlight. We tried to work through more traditional means recently (like getting funded for example :D ) but all that ended up as another investition for CBE and no real result.

There are quite interesting projects in our drawers and quite an interesting cooperation starts to shape up. I believe that combined indie-power still holds big untamed power.
Agustin
Verifizierter Account

Beitrag von Agustin »

SAY! *bear hugs*
Say
Frischling
Frischling

Beitrag von Say »

JanKavan hat geschrieben: There are quite interesting projects in our drawers and quite an interesting cooperation starts to shape up. I believe that combined indie-power still holds big untamed power.
Love this. I can't wait to see more of what you both can do :)
LukasMedek
Frischling
Frischling

Beitrag von LukasMedek »

The really good thing is that we don't have to be stucked on 2 or 2.5 anymore because we have learned a lot about making games in full 3d during the Vampires! (and some technology demos) development. So the next project will be something completely different (at least in the graphics). :)
JanKavan
Komplettlösungsnutzer
Komplettlösungsnutzer

Beitrag von JanKavan »

Yes. This is very important point! Vampires! was our 4th game and I believe that we've learned a lot in the process. After Enhanced Edition is out, we'll be utilizing Unity for our next projects (Vampires! are our fist unity based game) which will make our games more scalable and portable.
StarshipTrooper
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer

Beitrag von StarshipTrooper »

JanKavan hat geschrieben:
There are quite interesting projects in our drawers and quite an interesting cooperation starts to shape up. I believe that combined indie-power still holds big untamed power.
I love that sentence, too. What is your take on the "Kickstarter/Crowdfunding" phenomenon as such in this regard? Personally, I was very amazed of how many people, fans and devs alike, the various campaigns have brought together...

I really enjoyed the indielude hangout, btw, and glad to hear that you plan to do similar concerts in the future! :)
### Mitglied der Pinkerton Road Cavalry ###
+++ Mitglied Verein zur kulturellen Förderung von Adventure- und storylastigen Computer- und Videospielen +++
JanKavan
Komplettlösungsnutzer
Komplettlösungsnutzer

Beitrag von JanKavan »

Thank you! I believe that the main lesson learned from Crowdfunding is that crowdfunding platforms are not only the money. It's building bridge between us, our gamers and also other developers and indie supporters. If this bridge is built and skills are shared EVERYONE will benefit. I never understood this that well before the campaign and I have to say that it was Say, who opened my eyes into that direction.

This goes well beyond J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition as this can bring indie developers closer to each other and having fans who actively supports our cause is absolutely incomparable with any other kind of promotion. In my opinion in this age of social networks, having great community is much more important than being able to pay for a banner on some website. :) And crowdfunding really helps building it.
StarshipTrooper
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer
Verpackungs-Wegwerfer

Beitrag von StarshipTrooper »

JanKavan hat geschrieben:Thank you! I believe that the main lesson learned from Crowdfunding is that crowdfunding platforms are not only the money. It's building bridge between us, our gamers and also other developers and indie supporters. If this bridge is built and skills are shared EVERYONE will benefit. I never understood this that well before the campaign and I have to say that it was Say, who opened my eyes into that direction.

This goes well beyond J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition as this can bring indie developers closer to each other and having fans who actively supports our cause is absolutely incomparable with any other kind of promotion. In my opinion in this age of social networks, having great community is much more important than being able to pay for a banner on some website. :) And crowdfunding really helps building it.
Exactly my thoughts! And thank you for bringing up the "building a bridge" metaphor - it's a very good, "grassrooty" symbol for this very phenomenon, which hopefully will be a long-term thing, too. I'm really looking forward to the gaming world's future. :)

And kudos to Say for her precise instincts on this! :)
### Mitglied der Pinkerton Road Cavalry ###
+++ Mitglied Verein zur kulturellen Förderung von Adventure- und storylastigen Computer- und Videospielen +++
neon
Adventure-Treff
Adventure-Treff

Beitrag von neon »

Agustin hat geschrieben:Is it true that you're working on a mega-secret project dubbed "Space Witches" along with two other talented and very handsome developers?
This will definitely get real one day :-)
"Ich habe mich so gefühlt, wie Sie sich fühlen würden, wenn sie auf einer Rakete sitzen, die aus zwei Millionen Einzelteilen besteht - die alle von Firmen stammen, die bei der Regierungsausschreibung das niedrigste Angebot abgegeben haben"

- John Glenn nach der ersten Erdumrundung 1962
Möwe
Rabenseele
Rabenseele

Beitrag von Möwe »

Agustin hat geschrieben:Is it true that you're working on a mega-secret project dubbed "Space Witches" along with two other talented and very handsome developers?
And by "handsome" you mean like yourself, Agustin. So who is the other handsome developer?
Es ist, wie es ist, aber es wird, was du draus machst.
Antworten